Stampede SN of the 590

Traveler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have been on the fence about selling my 590 and upgrading to the Bull. I keep going back and forth because I really like the 590 and it gets to temp and holds it solid. Anyway, I had an ad out and someone just contacted me asking for a pic of the plaque on the back of the hopper so they can see when it was manufactured? I looked at the plaque and it just shows the model number and SN. I don’t mind sending this but how can they tell the mfg date? My concern is I’ve heard people trying to get the SN to buy the controllers from RecTeq? Any thoughts?

Funny after I posted, I saw a closed thread with the OP who contacted me about being interested in purchasing my 590. He was the one asking for the picture of the plaque and I see he posted this other thread about buying a controller. So basically he wanted my SN by acting like he was interested in the grill.

I have been on the fence about selling my 590 and upgrading to the Bull. I keep going back and forth because I really like the 590 and it gets to temp and holds it solid. Anyway, I had an ad out and someone just contacted me asking for a pic of the plaque on the back of the hopper so they can see when it was manufactured? I looked at the plaque and it just shows the model number and SN. I don’t mind sending this but how can they tell the mfg date? My concern is I’ve heard people trying to get the SN to buy the controllers from RecTeq? Any thoughts?
I'd be cautious it could impact future warranty claims.

Tell them what year you bought it and if they are serious about buying, that should be enough. Although I believe they are just trying to scam you the same way they want to scam recteq.

That's pretty slimy. You were right to be suspicious. Glad you saw the other thread!

@Mike - Perhaps a notice to not provide/share pictures of the Serial Number plate would be a good idea?

Yes that’s the person that contacted me about being interested in buying my grill. He wanted me to send a pic of the plaque on the back of the hopper so he can see when it was manufactured. Looks like he is scamming people for their SN. I reported him as well.
Hopefully Mike puts this guy looking for a recteq serial number in the recteq forums time out.

Poor move.. glad you saw it coming. Guess if someone willing to scam a company don't care about individuals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back