Stampede Looking for someone to create fraud with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWRibs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I'm building a smoker out of 7 gauge 304 stainless steel. I would like to use Rec Teq's wifi controller and motors. I can order the motors online but they require proof of ownership to order a controller. Could someone send me a picture of the tag on the back of the hopper of an rt590? I will not be doing a warranty claim. I just need to prove I own one in order to pay them 200 for a new controller 😒.

Last edited:
The tag has the serial number of the grill on it, which is registered to the original owner at recteq. You may not be doing a warranty claim, but anyone providing you that may not be able to make a warranty claim in the future.

The tag has the serial number of the grill on it, which is registered to the original owner at recteq. You may not be doing a warranty claim, but anyone providing you that may not be able to make a warranty claim in the future.
If this is true then It might be best to use one that is out of the warranty window or has been resold. Do you think that would be OK?

If this is true then It might be best to use one that is out of the warranty window or has been resold. Do you think that would be OK?
Well, it doesn’t matter what I think I suppose. But since you asked, I think it is unethical. For whatever reason, recteq now has that policy on selling replacement controllers and personally I wouldn’t feel right trying to circumvent that. Not to mention it could be a black eye on this forum if recteq learned that folks were doing that here.

This has been asked previously. I suggest deleted this request and searching out those threads to see how it was received. (Spoiler alert: not well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back