Sharing a FAIL...

SmokeOCD

First time ever cooking everything on the grill at once. Steaks, cornbread, idaho potatoes and cut up sweet potatoes (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, Olive Oil). All went well, staggered everything almost perfectly, steaks came out great on the sear plates, baked potatoes - perfect, cornbread was OK....
The sweet potatoes were kind of al-dente. So I go to put them back on the grill for 10 minutes or so.... BBQ gloves, 2 hands, aluminum foil pan.... >>>CRUMPLE<<<.
Sweet Potatoes all over the floor! YAY! Moral of the story - not using those flimsy quarter pans anymore. I have actual quarter sheets - Will be using those going forward. 😐

First time ever cooking everything on the grill at once. Steaks, cornbread, idaho potatoes and cut up sweet potatoes (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, Olive Oil). All went well, staggered everything almost perfectly, steaks came out great on the sear plates, baked potatoes - perfect, cornbread was OK....
The sweet potatoes were kind of al-dente. So I go to put them back on the grill for 10 minutes or so.... BBQ gloves, 2 hands, aluminum foil pan.... >>>CRUMPLE<<<.
Sweet Potatoes all over the floor! YAY! Moral of the story - not using those flimsy quarter pans anymore. I have actual quarter sheets - Will be using those going forward. 😐
As long as you get them off the floor within 5 seconds, they're still edible.

The real moral of that story is to Always be aware of your surroundings when you BBQ....such as who's watching you. I've had a few incidents where the outside Bull shelf seemed wider than it actually was.

The real moral of that story is to Always be aware of your surroundings when you BBQ....such as who's watching you. I've had a few incidents where the outside Bull shelf seemed wider than it actually was.
Damn, I've had the same thing happen. Sometimes, I think the bull is chasing me. Glad I'm not alone.

Nah, once they all flipped out - I flipped out and threw the empty foil pan towards the sink...
It's one of my few disasters. I've been lucky I guess. Another one I had this year was an 8lb butt, smoked to perfection. Well, I was trying something out as far as getting it off the Kamado and -SPLAT- like a ripe watermelon. Luckily I never cook just one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back