Unofficially Official Labor Day Special Thread - Sharing is Caring

I’ve been watching sale adds as well and I don’t see anything that really screams “sale”. I’ll keep watching though.

I probably will care since I already have 3 chefs knifes and this would be number 4, just a different brand.
Are you afraid we'll all go nuts and create a knife shortage? Share the knife info already. :)
BTW: Not in the market, not even remotely, for any new knives.

Are you afraid we'll all go nuts and create a knife shortage? Share the knife info already. :)
BTW: Not in the market, not even remotely, for any new knives.
cutlery and more has a 20% off sale for the weekend. They run basically the same sale on the major holidays. Only difference is on blackfriday some of the MAP knives are allowed to go on sale. Though if they are MAP, then everyone is usually running the same sale.

I don’t know if you gents have a Gordon Food Service around you or not but I just picked up a whole,Choice Beef Tenderloin for $11.94. I trimmed it myself with some help from Chef Dean Corbett on you tube. Pretty simple! I got 10 very nice 8oz fillets and some extra pieces for stir fry and to grind.

I've been to GFS once - felt like deep fry heaven. Everything was frozen, just about everything was battered.
I don't recall anything fresh, but that was 10-15 years ago. Anyway - nice score for you!

Long time lurker. I just created an account to post this.

I was at the Costco Business Center in Morrow, GA this morning. They had trimmed whole USDA Choice Beef Tenderloin for $6.50 a pound! I bought ten of them.

tenderloin.jpg

I've been to GFS once - felt like deep fry heaven. Everything was frozen, just about everything was battered.
I don't recall anything fresh, but that was 10-15 years ago. Anyway - nice score for you!
Just got back this morning and my tenderloin was NOT frozen. They had a lot of meats that were not frozen on the chiller cabinet. I paid $78 and change for +7lbs. Raw in the package. After doing the math, I got 5 meals out of that loin for my wife and I for $15 per meal. A normal grocery store counter steak would be $20. I think I got a good deal. I think I’ll have my wife go back tomorrow to get another. That’s a pretty cheap date night!

My local Walmart had Baby Back Ribs on sale for $2.98 /lb today. I picked up two. One for the freezer and one for tomorrow’s SEC football games. Go Dawgs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back