Unofficially Official Labor Day Special Thread - Sharing is Caring

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Hey hey. As we are approaching the last big "sale" holiday of the summer, I think it would be nice for us to share relevant deals that may help those on here. I'm stalking Wildfork and other meat sites for sales. Maybe it's thermometers, pellets, etc. I wanted to start a thread to house this, feel free to ignore if you hate saving money.

It would be nice if Wildfork did something since there are a couple close to me. I don't remember them doing anything last year or this past summer. I'm hoping for the LJ pellets to drop below the $6.99 I've been paying. I personally don't really need anything grilling related other than the meat. I'm sure someone will have pork butts for $.99/lb. I will probably pick up one. I've gotten to where I only buy my briskets from Costco or Sams and they never have sales.

Hey hey. As we are approaching the last big "sale" holiday of the summer, I think it would be nice for us to share relevant deals that may help those on here. I'm stalking Wildfork and other meat sites for sales. Maybe it's thermometers, pellets, etc. I wanted to start a thread to house this, feel free to ignore if you hate saving money.
Funniest name I’ve seen yet!!

Kroger has Chuck Roast on sale for $4.77/lb. They do a BOGO sometimes as well with Chuck Roast. I’ll keep an eye out.

Thermoworks is offering their Thermopen One for 25% off in select colors. I have one and it's gold standard.
I saw that email. I got the original thermopen and it just keeps working. I can't justify upgrading as long as the old one works.

I'm sure Cutlery and More will have a sale. I've been wanting to pick up a Kiritsuke knife so I'm hoping they have a good sale that includes a few of those.

Thermoworks is offering their Thermopen One for 25% off in select colors. I have one and it's gold standard.
I have a mk4. Is the 1 really that much better? I love my mk4 and it usually reads pretty much immediately.

I have a mk4. Is the 1 really that much better? I love my mk4 and it usually reads pretty much immediately.
The biggest difference between the two (I have both) is that the Classic/MK4 takes a couple of seconds to get an accurate reading; the One is virtually instantaneous. Now, that doesn’t make much of a difference with most cooking operations, but when I’m reverse searing a steak at 600F on my gas grill, two seconds is just about an eternity for my knuckles. :ROFLMAO:

The biggest difference between the two (I have both) is that the Classic/MK4 takes a couple of seconds to get an accurate reading; the One is virtually instantaneous. Now, that doesn’t make much of a difference with most cooking operations, but when I’m reverse searing a steak at 600F on my gas grill, two seconds is just about an eternity for my knuckles. :ROFLMAO:
OK I get that. Might have to get me a One and pass the mk4 down to a dear friend or something. I have had that happen a few times. I usually just wear heat gloves when at high Temps but new and shiny is always better than old and well just old. 😄

OK I get that. Might have to get me a One and pass the mk4 down to a dear friend or something. I have had that happen a few times. I usually just wear heat gloves when at high Temps but new and shiny is always better than old and well just old. 😄
I’ve found that I now use the One differently than I did with the M4. With the M4, I would guess where the center is and wait for the temp to display. With the One, I overshoot the center on purpose and then watch the temp change as I slowly pull the probe out.

I’ve found that I now use the One differently than I did with the M4. With the M4, I would guess where the center is and wait for the temp to display. With the One, I overshoot the center on purpose and then watch the temp change as I slowly pull the probe out.
Yeah I'll be getting one. My cousin wants a thermo pen anyway. I'll give him the old one. Has anyone else noticed that since you have started smoking meats everyone wants to come over or learn how to do it. Lol

Are these good? I have had really good success with the Lumberjack comp blend but I wonder which "brand name" ones are actually better. I hear good things about the GMG gold blend.

Well, got all the grocery store sale papers yesterday and nothing really good in them. Same sale prices as normal except for $3.69 blue bell ice cream! I picked up a pork butt last weekend for $.97/lb so I guess that will be what I'm cooking this weekend. May also try and make the trip out to the farm supply store to stock up on LJ pellets, used my last bag this past weekend. The knife I want is on sale for 20% off but still haven't decided if i want to spend $200 on it.

Well, got all the grocery store sale papers yesterday and nothing really good in them. Same sale prices as normal except for $3.69 blue bell ice cream! I picked up a pork butt last weekend for $.97/lb so I guess that will be what I'm cooking this weekend. May also try and make the trip out to the farm supply store to stock up on LJ pellets, used my last bag this past weekend. The knife I want is on sale for 20% off but still haven't decided if i want to spend $200 on it.
If the knife is good, you won't care about the $200, you'll just love your awesome new knife

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back