RT-1250 Setting the 1250 on Granite

OmegaRoach

I'm just about done with an outdoor kitchen build out and plan on removing the legs from the 1250 and setting it up on a granite shelf. Any recommendations on a high heat, non slip pad that I can set it on?

I have no clue on recommendations, but I am definitely interested in the details on your buildout when you get there.

Are you talking about just removing the legs and setting the 1250 on the granite counter top? If so, that might put the grill up pretty high; well above a convenient working level. Or, do you have a lowered area created for the grill that would bring it down to a normal working level?

Either way, I wonder if setting the grill down on the granite will create an overheating issue, You might want to give Recteq a call to get their take on that.

I set my bull on a wooden table that I built. I was worried about heat so I put some hard rubber spacers under it to give it an air gap. They’re made for dampening vibrations in air handler units. Worked perfect. Wood doesn’t get hot at all.

I have no clue on recommendations, but I am definitely interested in the details on your buildout when you get there.
I'm with Pacman. Would love to see some pics once you're done. Getting ready to start mine shortly.

Are you talking about just removing the legs and setting the 1250 on the granite counter top? If so, that might put the grill up pretty high; well above a convenient working level. Or, do you have a lowered area created for the grill that would bring it down to a normal working level?

Either way, I wonder if setting the grill down on the granite will create an overheating issue, You might want to give Recteq a call to get their take on that.

Still under construction with a week or two left to completion.
20220309_083520.jpg

Once set up here it will be a tad bit higher than the original cart height. Nothing unbearable though.
20220309_083505.jpg

Left enough area here to set a Big Joe 3 next to the recteq. Big joe has to sit on small "feet" to allow for airflow between it and the granite below. I guess I could simply order extras and also set the recteq on them as well.
20220309_083541.jpg

Okay, you do have a lowered area to set the grills on. Very nice. I think I would try to leave just a bit of air space under the Recteq if you can to allow air flow.

The little feet is a good idea.. that fan pulls from under the shield so need some room. Looks pretty awesome.. not sure I would ever go inside unless it got too cold out there. Love the colors.. congrats.

Looks really nice. What did you use for framing material for the bar?

I ordered 4 extra feet with the 3 that go with the Big Joe. Will get them situated this weekend.

Metal studs for framing material. I forget the gauge that was used, it wasn't the worst, but definitely not the best. I would have preferred heavier, but my contractor assured me it would do, but I still had him double up on the members for my piece of mind. Also have a sizeable bar that needed some heavy brackets to support the granite. It was a time consuming process, but with all of the parameters that needed to be met I am very happy with the final product.

Just go to a good fireplace-Home Stove store and they should have lots of different floor and wall protection material.. You can cut to size...

I set the recteq on the granite platform today and I'm pleased with the results. I was extremely pleased with the measurements I took as the shelf was exactly level with the adjoining granite....
20220313_144734.jpg

20220313_144834.jpg

however, I DIDN'T take into account setting the recteq up on "feet" to allow breathing room between the granite and the recteq, so it is no longer level, but the difference is still small...
20220313_145333.jpg

Ultimately my granite guy stopped by today for some final finishes and I ended up using some of his scraps to elevate in lieu of the red feet.

Fingers crossed that this build will be 100% complete in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 20220313_144844.jpg
    20220313_144844.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220313_145318.jpg
    20220313_145318.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 123
Looks beautiful and well laid out.
I think you will end up being bothered with the shelf to being level with the graphite. When you slide things they will go bump.
Maybe use a very thin piece of silicon rubber. Or drill some vent holes in the black base. Or redrill the mounting holes for the shelf and lower it.

Keep us updated on the heat issue. I put my Trailblazer and Stampede on a similar setup and used sheet metal covered in high-heat paint. Then I put both up on bricks at the four corners so it would have room to "breathe" under the unit. I have had no issues with that design. Hope your setup works.

This was reply from Recteq when I asked them about doing a similar setup. Hope it helps!

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We're so glad to hear you're loving your 1250! There are a few things to keep in mind when building in a recteq. You need about 4" of space between the top of what the grill is resting on and the blower fan. This ensures that the grill can supply the fire with oxygen."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back