Sear Grates

txwelder

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone tried using these in place of Grill Grates. I've got an old 4 burner Commercial Series that has 4 of these in it that I was going to sell. I may
just take them out of it and scrap the grill. I wonder if they'll get hot enough to do steaks on the Bull. Bottom is thin gauge SST, and the grate is cast iron.

E7BA4F22-F7CF-4568-AC45-E5CB3F3F4F4C.jpeg

The popular grill grates are aluminum. Aluminum conducts heat 5 times faster than steel/iron and stainless is half the conductivity of steel/iron.

Those are specific to charbroil grills, are they not.

Grill grates are expensive, but they are high quality and work pretty well. If you only need to sear a couple of steaks, a charcoal starter with a small grill rack over it works fantastic.

https://jesspryles.com/chimney-sear-method/

You can buy a hibachi for anywhere from $30 to 100 which will make a steak better than you can make one on a pellet grill.

Try the cast iron one. I use a cast iron pan in mine sometimes, and it works great.

Has anyone tried using these in place of Grill Grates. I've got an old 4 burner Commercial Series that has 4 of these in it that I was going to sell. I may
just take them out of it and scrap the grill. I wonder if they'll get hot enough to do steaks on the Bull. Bottom is thin gauge SST, and the grate is cast iron.

View attachment 12076
My 700 gets well over 500 degrees, Steaks come out fantastic. Just did a three pound Tomahawk that was better than any I have had in a restaurant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back