Rubs

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Got 2 new rubs for Fathers day. Just opened them up and put the beef rub on a flank steak. If you have not tried these, you should check them out. Really good flavor.

20230716_170628.jpg

I’ve got these as well. Like the flavors and packaging. Did you get the bag with sack of shi@ written on it?
No, I missed out on the bag. My MIL gave these to me on Father's day in a big gift bag. I will have to check with her now! :D

Interesting what appeals to folks. I grew up on a ranch where you tried not to step in shit and you definitely didn't put it on your food. I did shovel a lot of it out of the barn, however.

Just the product name and packaging would keep me from buying it, but that's what makes the world go around; different strokes for different folks! :ROFLMAO:

Interesting what appeals to folks. I grew up on a ranch where you tried not to step in shit and you definitely didn't put it on your food. I did shovel a lot of it out of the barn, however.

Just the product name and packaging would keep me from buying it, but that's what makes the world go around; different strokes for different folks! :ROFLMAO:
I never even heard of this brand until I received it as a gift. But the taste is outstanding despite the name. I'm not sure what they did with the peppercorns but it has a peppery flavor without being over powering like some rubs with whole peppercorns.

It is amazing how many rubs there are. Scheels has a huge selection and I try not to go there because I always walk out with 1 or 2 new ones. I honestly have a really bad habit. I've found some in the back of my cabinet that have expired and I never even tried them. It is hard for me to sometimes try a new rub when I'm doing a piece of meat that cost $85, I don't want to ruin it with a new rub I don't like.

A buddy found those SH*T rubs in NC and he loves them.

Maybe it’s just me but I have/had a lot of rubs that I bought from local places, the recteq, sampler, etc, but in the end most of them are just ok. I’m narrowing down my flavor profiles to sweet, savory and spicy. With now just 3 rubs. I experimented with ribs with a simple salt and pepper rub I read about on this forum with cherry pellets and it was so good I gave 4 containers of specialty rubs to my son in law because im over it. I obtained the secret rub from a local bbq joint, the only place I love for “outside” bbq and to me it’s all I need. Too many rubs burn off most of their flavor with long cooks making them unnecessary “to me.”Im just saying that im whittling down my rub collection lol. No offense to rub aficionados here! I love y’all !

Just my .02

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back