RT-1250 RT1250 Cover

jdjcas

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Does not fit!

That's pretty clear isn't it. The bad thing is I bought this cover on 13 June and today is 20 July. I just got around to trying to install it and I tried 6 ways to Sunday to try to get it on without tearing it somewhere.

I contacted tech support and they said they now have a new style cover that has a zipper which makes it easier to install. I asked if they would exchange it out for me since mine was still new and had never even been on the smoker and was told they can only offer a 30% discount off a new cover, and they cannot exchange it.

This company prides themselves on customer service. Their moto is "You will not find a company that offers better customer service than Recteq. Once you join the family, you're a member for life. Anytime you reach out you'll find someone on the other side who cares".

Apparently, Mike Gulino who is one of their customer service associates, does not believe in customer service. If they will not exchange my new cover for the new improved design they have because the old ones do not fit, then Im certainly not interested in giving them more of my money.

I had hopes of better customer service then what I have received so far. Maybe if other people purchase this cover you will get the one with the zipper. Buyer beware because Recteq does not care.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You shouldn’t have to do it, but you could take your cover to a local upholstery shop and have them install a zipper. That used to be the go-to for folks when covers were too tight. IIRC, the cost was in the $25-$30 range. https://www.recteqforum.com/threads...ds/zipper-installed-on-cover.4231/#post-64564
Agree, I should not have to do this after spending $2400 dollars on two smokers and accessories but I guess they no longer value great customer service like their website says.

Im not asking to send me a whole new cover and not return this one I have. I asked to come to their store in Utah and do a one for one exchange and the answer was no. Not possible. I asked since it has an 18 month warranty if I could exchange it under warranty due to fitment quality issues and the answer is still no. Unbelievable is all I can say.

Does not fit!

That's pretty clear isn't it. The bad thing is I bought this cover on 13 June and today is 20 July. I just got around to trying to install it and I tried 6 ways to Sunday to try to get it on without tearing it somewhere.

I contacted tech support and they said they now have a new style cover that has a zipper which makes it easier to install. I asked if they would exchange it out for me since mine was still new and had never even been on the smoker and was told they can only offer a 30% discount off a new cover, and they cannot exchange it.

This company prides themselves on customer service. Their moto is "You will not find a company that offers better customer service than Recteq. Once you join the family, you're a member for life. Anytime you reach out you'll find someone on the other side who cares".

Apparently, Mike Gulino who is one of their customer service associates, does not believe in customer service. If they will not exchange my new cover for the new improved design they have because the old ones do not fit, then Im certainly not interested in giving them more of my money.

I had hopes of better customer service then what I have received so far. Maybe if other people purchase this cover you will get the one with the zipper. Buyer beware because Recteq does not care.
Credit card chargebacks work wonders in cases like this.

Provided your CC company does give you credit and RT contacts you, tell RT they can e-mail you a prepaid shipping label for the return. That's bullshit.

As I think about it a little more, that cover costs them, what, $25.00 ? They're so chickenshit that they're willing to piss off a customer over $25.00 ? That same customer who spent good coin on a 1250 ? And the thing doesn't fit as advertised, right out of the box ? Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Credit card chargebacks work wonders in cases like this.

Provided your CC company does give you credit and RT contacts you, tell RT they can e-mail you a prepaid shipping label for the return. That's bullshit.

As I think about it a little more, that cover costs them, what, $25.00 ? They're so chickenshit that they're willing to piss off a customer over $25.00 ? That same customer who spent good coin on a 1250 ? And the thing doesn't fit as advertised, right out of the box ? Absolutely ridiculous.
I did not think of that.
I believe that may be my best option to get their attention. I will do that tomorrow

As another forum member recently did—with positive results, I might add—I would bump the issue up to top management. If top management is forced to deal with these kinds of issues, they will see how the company’s “customer service” is making bad decisions.

As another forum member recently did—with positive results, I might add—I would bump the issue up to top management. If top management is forced to deal with these kinds of issues, they will see how the company’s “customer service” is making bad decisions.
That’s what I would like to do but can’t seem to find email addresses for the owners or other upper management. If anyone know who I can contact, please let me know because at this point it is more about letting someone in charge know how they are treating a good customer than it is about getting a replacement cover with the zipper

That’s what I would like to do but can’t seem to find email addresses for the owners or other upper management. If anyone know who I can contact, please let me know because at this point it is more about letting someone in charge know how they are treating a good customer than it is about getting a replacement cover with the zipper
Ask the customer service representative to transfer you to a supervisor or manager. If they refuse, let them know that you will eventually get the contact information and will let management know that they refused. Repeat the request at each level until you are talking to senior management/owners.

You could also try calling Recteq President Ray Carnes directly to get the ball rolling your way. The last phone number I can find for him is (706) 294-1729. Not sure if it is still good, but worth a try.

not sure if these are still current but give them a try

IMG_0788.png

The orders are coming from the top down. Trust me on this. Going to upper management will not solve these issues. These guys have received their marching orders.

Does not fit!

Quick question for clarity sake. Are you trying to put the cover on with the top rack in its hooks on the back of the unit? I just got my 1250 and the cover (no zipper) and tried to put it on with the rack hanging. I was about to come to the conclusion that they sent the wrong thing until I tried it with the rack actually in its spot inside the grill. I then started with the smokestack side and it went on just fine. I will say that it does fit like a glove and I may look at having a heavy duty zipper installed just to make it a little easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back