RT Rubs comparison

I have so many commercial rubs, I can't recall all of them. It happens. But the thing is that I only use a few. Over the years, I've settled on John Henry's Texas Brisket Rub as my all purpose rub. I buy it in 5lb bulk.

Of the RecTec rubs, Freekin Greek Rub impressed me the most with its unique Mediterranean herb flavors. It goes well on poultry, potatoes, fish and salads.

I’m looking to order some new rubs and haven’t tried any of the recteq ones yet.
Wanted to know if anyone can give anytype of comparison to what these few rubs taste like or similar to?

Heffer Dust
Freakin Greek
Asian persuasion

This morning, I decided to thin the number of rubs I have, before my wife says something.

I tasted every rub I have. I had a glass of water and was rinsing between tastes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get thru it.

To answer the question about the three rubs above:
Heffer Dust was really salty and didn't hit it off with me this morning. It didn't offer any flavors that I were better or stood out from my staple rubs. Big on salt, not so much on spices. It goes. (offer to the neighbor with a RT700).

Freakin Greek is still the best Mediterranean spice I've tried. It's a keeper for me.

Asian Persuasion, sweet, salty, but not my idiea of "Asian". So it's going down the road (offer to the neighbor with a RT700).
20220220_081216.jpg

I’m not the best one to give you a comparison, because you didn’t list which rubs you wanted to compare the recteq rubs to. I can add this, FWIW, is that the Colten’s FG is awesome on poultry, period. My go-to on chicken, turkey, quail, or grouse. Nothing else, other than perhaps a little more salt-that’s all that’s needed. CFG is also a good choice on vegetables-perhaps recteq’s most versatile rub. The heifer dust is good, but so is salt. pepper, garlic. I have some Asian persuasion, but then I‘m not a big fan. One thing you didn’t mention-Loco Gringo. Very, very nice southwest flavored rub where you are not looking for flaming heat. If you are looking for heat also, add some heat to it.
My family loves the Freakin Greek rub also

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back