Bullseye RT-380 or propane grill?

Of course the Napoleon dealer told you it wouldn’t be worth converting a 10 year old grill, he wants to sell you a new one. If it is in pristine condition and you’d prefer to keep it, it sure seems it would be worth the hassle to convert it.
BTW this is the condition of the 15 year old Weber Summit my daughter just inherited when I got my Bullseye.
ABD3BB1F-A6D7-416F-A1B3-C528D380C640.jpeg

I cooked on a Bullseye at Academy, very impressive and I bought one plus the pellet bundle while I was at Recteq. I'm using it now almost daily. GrillGrates had a 15% off sale for Mother's Day, so I got those as well. Last night on the flat side of the GGs, I made an awesome ribeye. The grate surface was about 650F at 450 set point. I have a Weber Genesis, but that has been mostly idle since I got the 590 two years ago.

Go for it! They are $100 off and you can get 200lb of pellets for $100 - so basically the pellets are free

Of course the Napoleon dealer told you it wouldn’t be worth converting a 10 year old grill, he wants to sell you a new one. If it is in pristine condition and you’d prefer to keep it, it sure seems it would be worth the hassle to convert it.
BTW this is the condition of the 15 year old Weber Summit my daughter just inherited when I got my Bullseye.View attachment 16058
I have the 6 burner NG version about the same age. That grill has been perfect and heavily used. I will hang onto it until one our kids needs it someday.

I use the 380 Bullseye for everything now. Grilling, griddling, fiddling with low and slow. Haven't used propane for decades. Sold my kamado and don't mess with charcoal anymore.

I have a separate post somewhere here on how to finish strip and properly season that griddle plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_182454094_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220116_182454094_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20220403_114826752_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220403_114826752_HDR.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20220416_162124274_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220416_162124274_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 90
I had a similar question to you recently, I took the plunge and bought the bullseye and have been EXTREMELY happy with it. IMO it's better than propane and charcoal, it's so versatile, it's quickly becoming my most used grill/smoker/griddle. I HIGHLY recommend buying both the grill grates and the griddle for it.

I am not familiar with your gas grill brand but you should be able to convert it to propane fairly easily. I went the other way years ago, converting a propane Webber to natural gas.

The modification involves changing the gas orifice to a size appropriate for propane and adding a propane tank, with the proper connection and valve. Most BBQ stores sell conversion kits or you can buy them online.

Like others I have replaced my Weber with a Bullseye and have not looked back. Use it for low and slow, regular grilling and taking it to Riot mode for searing and pizzas. Very, very versatile.
And the price is right.

Y’all are no help. I’m very happy with my 590 and have been grilling on it more than I thought I would. But I’ve also recently been shopping for a small propane grill to speed up hamburgers etc.

And now somebody throws in the Spectre of Blackstone. My buddy just bought one a week or so ago and I had tried to put it out of my mind, but you would not let me do it. So now I don’t know what the heck to do.

Y’all are no help. I’m very happy with my 590 and have been grilling on it more than I thought I would. But I’ve also recently been shopping for a small propane grill to speed up hamburgers etc.

And now somebody throws in the Spectre of Blackstone. My buddy just bought one a week or so ago and I had tried to put it out of my mind, but you would not let me do it. So now I don’t know what the heck to do.
Blackstone 4-Burner 36" Griddle Cooking Station with Side Shelves,Flat Top Grills & Outdoor Griddles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TZQ7BPC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CSESHNFQS6R7WH2WJDDD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back