Bullseye Bullseye 380 or 380X

How fast does the Bullseys 380x cook pizza? Is it Ooni fast at cooking pizza?

How fast does the Bullseys 380x cook pizza? Is it Ooni fast at cooking pizza?
I go 8-10 minutes @ 500° on my 380X. Same as I did on my old 380.

Otherwise bottom gets burned before top is cooked.

I also have the same question as the OP. I'm looking for an everyday grill. I have an Oklahoma Joe's Bronco, Blackstone and a failing Masterbuilt Gravity. Need something for those quick weeknight cooks, burgers etc. Does the Bullseye add any flavor vs a gas grill?
Yes, it does. I love mine; I cook on it 4-6 times a week. Pork chops, chicken (large pieces like thighs, breasts etc. I'll use a drip pan), steaks, burgers, what ever. I set it on 325* and rotate the grate 180* and turn food about halfway through the cook. I go to the grill four times, I start it, put food on, rotate the grate and turn the food halfway through and bring the food in.
Love my 380.

New on this forum. I'm trying to decide between the two 380s. Like to hear from you. What's the 380x best at cooking using the high temp for? Pizza? Searing? Or is it just better because of the upgraded features? I want to justify the higher price. Thanks!
Both 380 and 380x are great grill. The weak grill setup on the 380 is my only complaint. The 380x has a way better frame leg wheel setup. I use my grill for all my grilling. For both smoking a pork butt or just grilling hamburgers.

Reactions: gcs
Do the Bullsye’s smoke as much as the conventional style RT smokers? I ask cause I’d keep such close to the house, when I had the smoker close the smoke had a tendency to go in the house, ended up moving it across the yard which I wouldn’t care to do with a daily use grill.

Do the Bullsye’s smoke as much as the conventional style RT smokers? I ask cause I’d keep such close to the house, when I had the smoker close the smoke had a tendency to go in the house, ended up moving it across the yard which I wouldn’t care to do with a daily use grill.
For me there isn’t the constant smoke like produced on my 700. There’s a bunch of smoke at start up but then clears up once it gets going. I usually cook between 325 and 400 depending on the cook so it’s a pretty clean fire. There is still the greasy flare up smoke when doing a fatty steaks or chicken thighs just like any gas or charcoal grill would do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back