RT-1070 RT-1070 Cover Fit

Marshall

Military Veteran
How well does the RT-1070 cover fit the grill? My plan is to buy the 1070 with the cart but since the 1070 will be out in the elements I need a cover that will protect it from rain until I can get some shelter/gazebo built for it. I'm just wanting to know if it is easy to put on and remove as well as how well it keeps moisture and rain out.

It's like a windbreaker. Stand out in the rain 4 hours in a windbreaker - you're wet.
You can either waterproof it - or buy an alternate cover. I'll be searching for a better cover to get me through the Chicago weather. The Recteq cover is nice, just not weatherproof.

If you're tall, there's a up down sweeping motion where I can get the cover on and off very easily.

Good advice from @SmokeOCD above. Buy a good aftermarket cover that is slightly on the large side for easy removal. And, look for one with some straps at the bottom to secure it so the wind doesn’t lift it off.

How well does the RT-1070 cover fit the grill? My plan is to buy the 1070 with the cart but since the 1070 will be out in the elements I need a cover that will protect it from rain until I can get some shelter/gazebo built for it. I'm just wanting to know if it is easy to put on and remove as well as how well it keeps moisture and rain out.
I have a 1070 and find the cover way to tight its in my garage now I bought 3rd party cover on Amazon at half the cost of the Recteq and it's a breeze to put on and take off.

I bought 3rd party cover on Amazon at half the cost of the Recteq and it's a breeze to put on and take off.
Can you post a link to it? The 1070 is such a weird shape 30 wide by 32 deep - most covers are only 24 or 26 deep.

Can you post a link to it? The 1070 is such a weird shape 30 wide by 32 deep - most covers are only 24 or 26 deep.
I’m too lazy to search myself, but look for a thread here for a cover I had custom made for my Wyldside. The Wyldside, dimension size, is about the most convoluted grill ever, and I believe it was Covers and Such, that made me the perfect cover for it at a very reasonable cost.
IMG_3653.jpeg
IMG_3654.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back