RT-1070 Adjusting the igniter - 1070

SmokeOCD

Does everyone get the whole firepot sent out for a bad igniter? I don’t want to take it apart, I’m just about to install it. But I noticed weld spots and wondered if this is pure 1070 style or if they are all like this? See the welds on the nuts?

IMG_2456.jpeg

This is my second replacement. Invoice has it at $80. If I get 1a year that’s a big chunk of money they’re losing. Could this be part of the reason for discontinuing the model?

I thought the 1st time was probably just an accident, but they did it again. Why do they send me the whole assembly? Does everyone get the whole assembly for each igniter failure?

But I noticed weld spots and wondered if this is pure 1070 style or if they are all like this? See the welds on the nuts?
As mentioned by others, do not try to turn the nuts! You need, what I believe, is a 2.5mm hex key. Don’t as this DA how I know!

Everything should be quick release on the 1070. I just did the hammer and rebar ceremony on the feed tube. Perfectly dry pellets in the hopper, but cement-like in the tube, I need to start doing the Zilla pellet rationing thing and put in only enough pellets for the current cook and let it run out of pellets at the end. This is getting old - although I am pretty good at it now.

I haven't had to use the hex key because they keep sending me the complete firepot with igniter installed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back