RT-1070 Grillin’ 1070 style

SmokeOCD

Yeah I should know better, late night steaks, didn’t cover the grill, a drop of water hit it - now I’m doing a burnout hoping it doesn’t require surgery…
Small desk fan to keep it going, can’t get past igniter in menu to use built in fans. Wet igniter pops the gfci.

IMG_2380.jpeg

Guess who's too busy to take my call? :cautious:
Maybe all the other 1070 owners are in the queue as well.
I know I'll get a call and a replacement part fairly soon.
I also know if I live in Arizona or had a covered outdoor kitchen I would be 100% happy with this grill.

Hey, shouldn't we get dropped into the discontinued grill section???

Hope you get it back going. Those "vents" on the 1070(I don't have) and on the Bullseye are very prone to getting water in. I've learned the hard way a few times not covering the grill. They need to somehow redesign those vents or go another way.

Guess who's too busy to take my call? :cautious:
Maybe all the other 1070 owners are in the queue as well.
I know I'll get a call and a replacement part fairly soon.
I also know if I live in Arizona or had a covered outdoor kitchen I would be 100% happy with this grill.

Hey, shouldn't we get dropped into the discontinued grill section???
I think the RT-700 is in the discontinued as well?? Sad I have only had my 700 since like March 2022. My, how fast things change, well, aside from business greed, I mean corporate buyouts/mergers, or a, the beat goes on, yeah, that’s the ticket.

I'm with you Smoke. Had ribs on my 1070 Saturday, then rain. Had to set up and ad-hoc umbrella of sorts to keep me cooking. Such a shame. This is my second RT product and I'm really loosing confidence in them. I like the way my 1070 cooks but let's face it we don't cook inside! I guess we have Fair-Weather smokers......... Sucks

It's a design for Arizona or the fortunate ones with an outdoor kitchen (with roof).
Ticket opened 12/5 - still waiting for the ship notification on my replacement part.
I've got Prime Rib thawing for Friday, probably going to have to start it up with a Torch.
Once it's going - it's a great smoker.

I also know if I live in Arizona…
Pardon me if I’ve asked this before and don’t remember, but care to share what general area of Arizona? My wife is the Dean of a Master’s Degree program for a university in Chandler. Clearly, as we live in Kentucky, most of her work is done remotely. She travels to Arizona about 4 times a year, I usually make one of those trips with her.

@Greg Jones - I would have you over, but I'm actually closer to you now than when you're in Arizona.
IF I lived in Arizona the 1070 would be awesome. Living to the left of Lake Michigan - the 1070 experience is what you wish upon your enemies.

So you are in Wisconsin now? I used to work for a firm in Madison-know the state well! My brother used to live in upstate Michigan, so know that side of the lake well also. The wife’s HQ was in Chicago before they transferred to AZ!

10 days since I got my Sales Order for my replacement part. Called recteq and well, they have a small shipping department and they are definitely working on it and things are shipping in the order they are received and then there's the holiday and things take longer than the normal 1-2 business days....(blah blah blah)

Recteq: Do you know how to start it manually?
Me: Yes - but I paid a good chunk of money to be able to start it from my phone, not take it apart and use a propane torch to get it running.

She was polite - I wasn't really a smartass except for the above, it's not her fault.

Yeah I should know better, late night steaks, didn’t cover the grill, a drop of water hit it - now I’m doing a burnout hoping it doesn’t require surgery…
Small desk fan to keep it going, can’t get past igniter in menu to use built in fans. Wet igniter pops the gfci.

View attachment 20681
Is it just me or is that a lot of pellets in this fire pot?

Is this problem unique to the 1070? Is it due to the vents on the back of the hood?

I have an RT-700 and haven’t had an issue with that. But I did have a Traeger model from Costco one time that had those vents instead of the smokestack. I had issues with that unit…two big fires. A year later, I called Costco about it. They took it back and refunded the full purchase price plus tax. (Love Costco)

So I’m curious about the situation with your 1070.

Oh, That's me MANUALLY loading up the recteq to turn it into a forge - no recteq electronics involved.
Sometimes when the grill is popping circuits, it's a wet igniter. The "test" menu has igniter as the second menu item, so you can't just run the fans. I guess popping off the front of the grill and disconnecting the igniter is faster - but that was my attempt at not taking the grill apart. It has worked before.
This time... no - totally dead.

So - right now I'm running it with the red wire disco'd and just starting it with a propane torch.

Oh, That's me MANUALLY loading up the recteq to turn it into a forge - no recteq electronics involved.
Sometimes when the grill is popping circuits, it's a wet igniter. The "test" menu has igniter as the second menu item, so you can't just run the fans. I guess popping off the front of the grill and disconnecting the igniter is faster - but that was my attempt at not taking the grill apart. It has worked before.
This time... no - totally dead.

So - right now I'm running it with the red wire disco'd and just starting it with a propane torch.
Roger all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back