Bull Roughly how many boston butts fit?

lms0908d1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys. Just got my 700 about 2 weeks ago. Made my 1st pulled pork on it lastnight and everyone loved it. Anyway, I'm getting married in a couple months and now we are talking about having that as the reception food. It's not gonna be a huge number of people there but just wanted to see how many butts will fit. I dont have a shelf yet but may get one soon if they get in stock. So how many with and without the rack if possible?

Thanks

Well, I have a Trailblazer so I can't help you here. Don't ask me why and I'm sure I am showing my age, but the title of this post for some reason reminds me of an old Hee Haw episode?

So how many with and without the rack if possible?
I know you can fit 6 - 7-8lb Butts in your Bull comfortably. Maybe 8 possibly that's gonna be pretty tight, in my opinion. Don't have the extra shelf. It's only 4" tall the Butt's are gonna be tight with the shelf in there, they are larger than 4" tall generally. Same goes for putting Butts on the shelf with overhead clearance space. Not to mention dealing with the radius of the body. Anyway, just my opinion. Welcome.......great forum, nice, helpful folks. Post pics and notes of your cooks!

Agree with Infantryman, Easy 6 could squeeze 8 if arranged differently and all of same size. This is on my RT-680, but the space is pretty much the same.

Attachments

• 20170206_075109.jpg
    20170206_075109.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 284
The great thing about doing pulled pork for a large event is being able to do it ahead of time and reheating the tray of pulled pork. I did several large events in the past few years, including my wife's retirement party for over 100 people. I had 3 different pits going at various times in days prior to the events. Just keep in mind that as you load a pit closer to it's limits, it cooks differently. It takes more heat to maintain temp with all the cold meat and the times can get longer from big pieces of cold meat, like butts, being close to each other. I prefer not to load up a smoker too tightly with butts and just do multiple cooks ahead of time.

Another thing I do with pulled pork is to reheat the trays on the smoker (add some liquid). That adds smoke flavor and reheats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back