Rib rack or no?

I’ve done both but as @Buckeye1 said keep ‘em flat if you have room. When I do racks I’ll rotate them at least once and often times more during the cook so they cook each edge more evenly. For me it’s an easier cook if you can go flat

Flat on the grill if you have enough room.
I agree. The only time I would use a rib rack is if I was cooking more ribs than I could lay flat on the grill. Standing on edge in the rack, the bottom end tends to cook more quickly than the top. You can periodically flip the ribs in the rack to even out the cook, but it is a PITA.

Has anyone tried a rib rack with the 340 due to the limited space and if so, what brand rack would you recommend? As stated above i would only use a rack when you don't have room to lay them flat.

Only used a rack when on the Kettle due to space.

Or when things get frisky on an occasion but that is too much info for this forum 😉

I use 2 small RecTeq racks on the Bull when space is in short supply. It may be cheating but if you put Wagyu tri-tip or brisket on the top racks the renderings drip onto the ribs and make for a great flavor enhancer.

Has anyone tried a rib rack with the 340 due to the limited space and if so, what brand rack would you recommend? As stated above i would only use a rack when you don't have room to lay them flat.
There isn’t much headroom in a 340. I’m not sure a rack with vertical ribs would fit very well, unless the ribs were pretty narrow. I have used the small recteq interior shelf on my 340, which allowed me to lay 2 ribs on the main grate and one on the shelf.

Have you looked at BBQ Guru’s rib/chicken rack? It’s a circular design and hold a ton of food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back