Rescue Brush and Grill Grates

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Have you seen the new rescue brush designed to work with grill grates? I think this would clean the wire racks better even without grill grates.

image1_1024x1024.jpg

Have you seen the new rescue brush designed to work with grill grates? I think this would clean the wire racks better even without grill grates.
I’ve used the original (flat) version on my griddle, and it works really well. I’d think the biggest challenge on grates would be not all of them are spaced equally. Oh, and as a FYI you will need a dishwasher to get them clean. We have one, don’t use it, so that is another challenge.

I was thinking I might get this as I replaced my gas grill cast iron with stainless steel grill grates, with the same spacing as the RecTeq. I'm thinking that those cutouts would be pretty flexible? Or I might just go with the original since it is on sale.

Last edited:
I have been contemplating this item, both the original and the specific one for GrillGrates too. Haven't determined if it removes seasoning accumulation or just the heavy stuff we get (or I get)? Also what might be the lifespan of be in actual use. I tend to be a bit skeptical of claims and tend to rely on feedback from sources such as this. Anyone else use this company's product besides Greg?

I know not to use it when the grill is hot. Don’t ask me how I know, haha. The original Grill Grates brush sold on their site works very well and can handle moderate (less than 350F) temperatures very well.

I know not to use it when the grill is hot. Don’t ask me how I know, haha. The original Grill Grates brush sold on their site works very well and can handle moderate (less than 350F) temperatures very well.

Is this for the grill rescue brush? I thought the whole idea was to have the grill hot and wet the brush to create steam.

Last edited:
Is this for the grill rescue brush? I thought the whole idea was to have the grill hot and wet the brush to create steam.
If it is the one I am thinking, yes. It was designed for grates but unfortunately, there is a limit to how “hot”, hot can be. It started wet but at higher temps, it dried out then started to become my next BBQ meal. I blame myself as the temps on my Lynx can hit 1100F, although it was around 375F at the time. They have devices that use steam/hot water for cleaning grates and for me it was just meh. I’ve pretty much given up and use either the aluminum foil, an onion, or woven wire brush for cleaning. Periodically, I hit them with the power washer at 2000psi. The grates on my cheapest cooker are at least 5/8” and they are all stainless steel. My friends claim I am washing off the seasoning, but they sure look good after a good cleaning. (YMMV)

I've used these grill gates for about 2 years. I heat my Bullseye to 500 degrees and brush with the GGs. The only problem I have is to clean the bottom of the grill I have to wait until it cools so I can turn it over and reheat. I use the pads for 5 or six cleaning and then replace.
On my next cleaning I will try the dish washer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back