Bull Relocating shelf / controls

emery

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Apologies if this question's already been asked before. Did some searching but didn't come up with much.

I'm building a small outdoor kitchen, but it doesn't leave room for the RT-700's shelf / controls. Has anyone relocated the controls to be underneath the main barrel thing? It seems like a couple of cross braces bolted to the shelf running front to back would hold it just fine? Anyone done anything like that?

Apologies if this question's already been asked before. Did some searching but didn't come up with much.

I'm building a small outdoor kitchen, but it doesn't leave room for the RT-700's shelf / controls. Has anyone relocated the controls to be underneath the main barrel thing? It seems like a couple of cross braces bolted to the shelf running front to back would hold it just fine? Anyone done anything like that?
I did something similar. Only issue I had was with the temp sensor wiring. It was almost too short to reach. Still waiting on the granite to go around the kamado Joe.

3C7F3729-E810-4391-A7D2-E6DF2EC97217.jpeg

I did something similar. Only issue I had was with the temp sensor wiring. It was almost too short to reach. Still waiting on the granite to go around the kamado Joe.
Nice that looks really good! I ended up being able to bolt the controls directly to the bottom of the unit! a few holes and I was done! Will post that up here separately in a bit. Came out perfect

So, it all worked out perfectly. I re-located some wires since the controls are now much closer. Drilled 2 holes in the shelf near the tool hangars and 4 holes in the bottom of that lower grill panel. Bolted up and done!

Fits perfectly in my minimal outdoor kitchen build, and I can still roll it out when I want to take it somewhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.54.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.54.03 AM.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 78

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back