RT-1250 RecTeq cover

Make sure you still leave some slack from the bottom. Ive found that if I pull the cover all the way down instead of leaving it somewhat bunched up in the middle as I am pulling it over you catch extreme difficulties. Fits well once it is on and wont blow off, but certainly a pain in the ass unless youve gotten your method down.

It'll fit on the 1250, but you definitely need to work it on/off gradually and evenly from right to left. If one side is dramatically higher/lower than the other it binds.

It takes me a minute or two, but I've never given up. I see the merit in the whole zipper thing. I do like that once the cover is on, it does fit and protects the grill very well.

Well. just put my 1250 together and completed the 1st 400deg burn. it has cooled and i finally have the wifi working. now that its cool i have been trying to get the cover on it. 1 hr later and its rolled up on my picnic table. What the heck. Im really thinking the cover is about 6-12" too small. I really dont want to rip it. I will try to work it from the smoke stack to the controller and back around as someone mentioned on here. if not im off to Home depot or Walmart for a giant cover.
Congrats. My 1250 is still sitting in the shed as we still have a couple feet of snow on the ground.

Do a search on youtube, and reqtec has a video on how to install it. I messed around with the cover for about 45 minutes before breaking down and searching online. The youtube video was spot on and the cover fits and looks really good.

Thanks for the helpful info BradBQ ,Pacman, and Numnutzme. I was able to get the cover on and off yesterday. With a little finesse it does just fit, and yall are right. It is a great looking cover. I may look into a zipper like BNeal has for his.

Just in time for the couple inches we are expecting here in Quantico VA area. Man... cant wait for spring, so over this winter...

The cover will fade severely. This cover was ordered in February, and the smoker hasn't left the garage yet. The fading is off the charts. I guess as long as it protects the grill, we're good to go

Attachments

• 20220316_185008.jpg
    20220316_185008.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 20220316_184958.jpg
    20220316_184958.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220316_184954.jpg
    20220316_184954.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
That fading is super weird. I've had mine sitting outside since September in the hot late summer sun, winter rains, etc. and other than pollen and bird poop, mine still looks pretty pristine.

That fading is super weird. I've had mine sitting outside since September in the hot late summer sun, winter rains, etc. and other than pollen and bird poop, mine still looks pretty pristine.
I agree with you on this. I’ve used mine for a year now and no fading at all.

Same here.

I have had no fading with my cover either. Obviously, @Numnutzme has had a different experience. I’d be on the phone to Recteq; I’ll bet they will replace it.

That looks more like a chemical reaction rather than fading. Mine has been out in the elements since Dec, and still looks like new.

Last edited:
That looks more like a chemical reaction and fading. Mine has been out in the elements since Dec, and still looks like new.
Agreed! Mine has been outdoors since day one.

That looks more like a chemical reaction and fading. Mine has been out in the elements since Dec, and still looks like new.
That’s a good point. Was any cleaner used on it? Granted, my cover is on the north side of my house in Minnesota, but it’s been out in the elements since June, and it looks brand new.

No chemicals near the cover. Customer service stated that the supplier changed the mfg process and the cover should return to normal color after it warms up. I'm going to bring it into the house to see if it does. I'm located in far northwestern WI, and it has definitely been cold.

No chemicals near the cover. Customer service stated that the supplier changed the mfg process and the cover should return to normal color after it warms up. I'm going to bring it into the house to see if it does. I'm located in far northwestern WI, and it has definitely been cold.
Thanks for the update!

If you’re in northwestern WI, cold is an understatement 🤣. You’re tougher than me, for sure. Fingers crossed that the cover returns to normal!

Mine didn't relax after two years. Did the zipper mod on front left corner and it works fantastic!

Hey, new 700 owner here. I am retired and a bit frugal so I just couldn’t see spending over $100 on a cover (after shipping and taxes) for my new rt700 to then spend even more for a zipper and sewing. By chance I tried the cover I had for my old gas grill and it slides over in seconds and costs only $50 at Sam’s club. Here is the link. 3 embers cover . May not be pretty but it works.

Attachments

• A1C4A8D9-EF4A-4750-BCD9-A19761265199.jpeg
    A1C4A8D9-EF4A-4750-BCD9-A19761265199.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • A0A0D6F8-5FD3-45C0-A792-E16A49CFB498.jpeg
    A0A0D6F8-5FD3-45C0-A792-E16A49CFB498.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Finally have my patio covered with the new 14x14 roof over it. Finally can keep the grill uncovered and always plugged in, and out of the elements. Happy to put that cover in storage

Finally have my patio covered with the new 14x14 roof over it. Finally can keep the grill uncovered and always plugged in, and out of the elements. Happy to put that cover in storage
Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back