RT-1250 RecTeq cover

BNeal

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
So, anyone else have problems getting the cover on and off? It seems to be a really tight fit. So much so that I fear I'm going to rip it getting it over the sharper edges.

So, anyone else have problems getting the cover on and off? It seems to be a really tight fit. So much so that I fear I'm going to rip it getting it over the sharper edges.
A few folks including me have struggled a bit with it. I'm much better at it now. I have a 700 with smokebox. I start on the side with the smokestack and work across. Reverse it when removing. Definitely take your time at first.

A few folks including me have struggled a bit with it. I'm much better at it now. I have a 700 with smokebox. I start on the side with the smokestack and work across. Reverse it when removing. Definitely take your time at first.
Thanks, Beach Bum. But does it ever relax, or is it just a super tight fit?

Some covers are tight, some aren’t. Not very good QC. A few folks on the forum have added a zipper to help get the cover on and off easier. Do a search on “zipper” and you’ll find a bunch of info.

FWIW, I tore mine putting it on the day I got it.....4 days ago. really wasn't being aggressive with it....just a tight fit and those corners on the hopper is an odd design choice.

anyway, I emailed them and they're sending me a new one, implying they'd cover tears under warranty for 18 months. I'm pretty impressed actually.

it does look super nice when it's on tho

Take a file to those sharp corners. I agree with Beach Bum start at the smoke stack and work your way across only going down to the horns, then work on the controller side and don’t be afraid to pull and stretch it. Once you get it over the controller go back to the smoke stack side and work it on down. Once you get over the horns it will almost fall down and you’ll see a perfect fit.

They are sending me a replacement as well. I just ordered a zipper for the new one. Sorry, RecTeq - absolutely love the grill, but you need to redesign the cover - or put a zipper on it.

Mine is at the seamstress right know having the zipper put on ,followed the link to Amazon for the zipper, it was like $12.00
Don't know what she will charge me for putting it on yet

Mine is at the seamstress right know having the zipper put on ,followed the link to Amazon for the zipper, it was like $12.00
Don't know what she will charge me for putting it on yet
That's the zipper I purchased as well.

That's the zipper I purchased as well.
I just printed the picture that SJDawg posted and gave it to the lady she said not a problem, she was going to see if it would be better to put it at the corner seam instead

Just got mine back and could not be happier. It now fits like a glove and is supper easy to slip over the grill. Plus, the job she did looks and works like factory. Hope RT is watching these threads and takes note. They need to fix this.

1642976083797.png

Just got mine back and could not be happier. It now fits like a glove and is supper easy to slip over the grill. Plus, the job she did looks and works like factory. Hope RT is watching these threads and takes note. They need to fix this.

View attachment 14487
Mines at the seamstress as we speak ,she's had it for 3 weeks ,I think she decided to keep it 😎

So, if anyone wants my old one, and is willing to pay to have it shipped, I'll gladly donate it. Other than the small rip, it's brand new. It would be very easy to repair the rip and the cost of installing the zipper was about $30 all-in. Would rather keep it out of the landfill if possible, but if nobody wants it, it's going in the trash.

No they do not relax, just go to Sam's - Costco or AZ and but one for $30.00... As far as I know the only cover that Fit Super Good is the 380 cover and I love mine..
This is my on sale at Costco $16.00 cover.. If I hold it just right I can throw it over the 700 at one time...

Attachments

• 20200218_111544.jpg
    20200218_111544.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 107
I have had really good luck by putting the cover onstarting with the stack. Then working down toward the control shelf. That I leave after the cover is down on the rest of the cooker. It has enough stretch to ease it over the corners. There are a few sharp corners that you do have to watch out for. Zipper is a nice touch!

The front shelf on my 590 makes the cover a bit tighter but by being careful, I have not had any damage in over 2 years now. I have found that uncovering the right side first and covering it last is the least difficult way. So far, no cuts or tears. You have to often help cover, uncover the horns. My horns are pointed down (I am a Sooner). Good strong material.

Well. just put my 1250 together and completed the 1st 400deg burn. it has cooled and i finally have the wifi working. now that its cool i have been trying to get the cover on it. 1 hr later and its rolled up on my picnic table. What the heck. Im really thinking the cover is about 6-12" too small. I really dont want to rip it. I will try to work it from the smoke stack to the controller and back around as someone mentioned on here. if not im off to Home depot or Walmart for a giant cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back