RecTeq Grill Cover (Maintenance)

azray007

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I love the quality and feel of my RecTeq grill cover. Unfortunately, my smoker gets to spend its' days and nights on the back patio to suffer through all the seasons of weather. I've noticed it's become dirty, mostly pollen from the spring, but it's also allowing my grill to get wet. (The cover appears to be wet itself.) I plan to do a soap and water clean soon. As for the waterproof part, any suggestions on what product would work best with these RecTeq covers?

Thanks for your time and recommendations!

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

You might try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...884b4cf0&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&th=1

I would wash the cover first, using something like Dawn dishwashing detergent and a scrub brush, rinsing with fresh water. Once dried from the cleaning, spray with the fabric waterproofing. I've not--yet--had to do this with my cover, but I have used fabric waterproofing sprays on other outdoor products with success.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I love the quality and feel of my RecTeq grill cover. Unfortunately, my smoker gets to spend its' days and nights on the back patio to suffer through all the seasons of weather. I've noticed it's become dirty, mostly pollen from the spring, but it's also allowing my grill to get wet. (The cover appears to be wet itself.) I plan to do a soap and water clean soon. As for the waterproof part, any suggestions on what product would work best with these RecTeq covers?

Thanks for your time and recommendations!

View attachment 19809

View attachment 19810
I went all out for storage. It has room for my pellets and accessories.
IMG_4291.jpeg

I use Vittle Vaults to store the pellets.
My reqtec grill cover is folded up on the shelf behind the grill.

I went all out for storage. It has room for my pellets and accessories.
View attachment 19842
I use Vittle Vaults to store the pellets.
My reqtec grill cover is folded up on the shelf behind the grill.
How hard is it getting the grill in and out of the storage unit to use it?

Last edited:
Fwiw, I only get a year or 2 out of a cover before they stop being water proof. I’ve never tried to retreat the fabric but it might be worth trying. 303 makes a fabric guard and has a good rep. I wonder how much you’d need, kind of pricey for something as low cost as a grill cover.

I bought a Stanhome 73700 off Amazon 18 months ago for my Trailblaser that’s holding up pretty well, for $28 I’ll just buy new ones. It’s holding up better then the RT one and is a hell of a lot easier to put on.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to clean the cover and go from there. It's still in good shape, but that will be best determined after I clean it. 😊

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back