Stampede Rec Teq support

Traveler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I recently purchased the 590 w/ comp cart. At the time, the front shelf was out of stock and I thought about building it myself with the help of some posts on this forum. However, the shelf came back in stock so I ordered it. The shelf arrived before the 590. When I opened it up, I noticed one of the side brackets was bent and creased. I contacted their support and I was very impressed at how quickly they addressed the issue by sending another shelf. The reviews of their support was one of the main reasons I went with the 590 and I have to say they didn’t disappoint. Glad to be part of the Rec Tec family.

I also received the 590 and finished putting it together. The packaging and overall stoutness of the grill and cart was impressive. Got the Wi-Fi up and running and just have to do the burn in hopefully tomorrow. Just got some ribs to try immediately after the burn in.

Enjoy man! I'm a relative newbie. I did ribs twice (my first cooks) and they came out great. I followed 3-2-1 method for the most part. I'm sure I can perfect them even more when I get some more cooks under my belt and can experiment more though.

Next I switched to chicken thighs and oh man those are great too and super quick/easy. My family now thinks I'm this amazing meat chef and really for the most part I season some meat, throw it in this thing, set it to 225, then pull it off when it hits temp. Now I'm pretty much always tasked with making the meat portion for all family meals even when others are hosting. Gives me an excuse to sit outside and have a couple beers and enjoy the beautiful smell of smoked meat instead of watching the little rascals too! The fact that it has Wi-Fi and I can do the same while watching the rascals can stay my little secret.

I did a 12lb brisket for the first time a few days ago and it turned out pretty damn good as well. I think with that one it will take some experimenting to perfect it, but as a first go it was still way better than you'd get from a normal restaurant. This is where the Wi-Fi really shined. 16 hours in the smoker meant running it over night which definitely had me nervous. But every time I got nervous, I pulled up my phone and was able to check temp of the grill and temp of the meat and then go back to bed.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! Hard to beat a "tool" that's fun and the resulting product is delicious food that everyone loves and raves about.

Agree with the great support. I had a Bullseye arrive that looked like it had taken quite a bit of abuse during shipping. They replaced it without hesitation and will be picking up the first unit this week. They also went above and beyond when Ryan offered to unpack and inspect the replacement unit before shipping to make sure it was ok. Awesome experience from them.

Agree with the great support. I had a Bullseye arrive that looked like it had taken quite a bit of abuse during shipping. They replaced it without hesitation and will be picking up the first unit this week. They also went above and beyond when Ryan offered to unpack and inspect the replacement unit before shipping to make sure it was ok. Awesome experience from them.
My Bullseye had issues and they made it right. I have no reservation recommending Recteq and the customer service that they provide (y)

I too have nothing but great things to say about their customer service. They are quick to respond to emails for starters. They also send you replacement parts without question at no charge. I doubt you will find another company in the pellet grill industry that does that. Recently, I had some issues with one of my meat probes taking some finesse when plugging it in getting it to register a temp. They sent me 2 new probes and some Heffer Dust all at no charge. The new probes now seem to work great and my issue has been fixed.

Reactions: MWP
I too have nothing but great things to say about their customer service. They are quick to respond to emails for starters. They also send you replacement parts without question at no charge. I doubt you will find another company in the pellet grill industry that does that. Recently, I had some issues with one of my meat probes taking some finesse when plugging it in getting it to register a temp. They sent me 2 new probes and some Heffer Dust all at no charge. The new probes now seem to work great and my issue has been fixed.
There was another grill company that had decent support but that went by the wayside, that's why I'm here :)

It's great that you had a good experience. I had a slightly different experience with their customer service, but they made it right in the end.

They shipped me one fewer screw and washer for the front handle. No big deal, right? I called and asked for the size, so that I could run to the hardware store without having to match the thread pitch. They said they would overnight me a package with the screw. This was the Thursday that I received the grill. A week later, the package finally arrived, and it was a screw kit for the grill assembly, but did NOT include the screw for the handle. I called them up, and asked the size, expressing a little frustration about missing parts for a $900 grill, and they told me they would send me some rubs by way of an apology. Called me back five minutes later with the thread pitch and size, and I was able to replace the screw and washer locally. They made it right in the end, but could have just given me that information up front, rather than screwing about for a week.

JR

It's great that you had a good experience. I had a slightly different experience with their customer service, but they made it right in the end.

They shipped me one fewer screw and washer for the front handle. No big deal, right? I called and asked for the size, so that I could run to the hardware store without having to match the thread pitch. They said they would overnight me a package with the screw. This was the Thursday that I received the grill. A week later, the package finally arrived, and it was a screw kit for the grill assembly, but did NOT include the screw for the handle. I called them up, and asked the size, expressing a little frustration about missing parts for a $900 grill, and they told me they would send me some rubs by way of an apology. Called me back five minutes later with the thread pitch and size, and I was able to replace the screw and washer locally. They made it right in the end, but could have just given me that information up front, rather than screwing about for a week.

JR
Funny, I can relate...
My original issue was a broken RTD. I was contacted by Recteq and they said that they would give me the rub assortment for my troubles. The funny thing is the rub arrived before the RTD did. As you mentioned it all ended well.

Funny, I can relate...
My original issue was a broken RTD. I was contacted by Recteq and they said that they would give me the rub assortment for my troubles. The funny thing is the rub arrived before the RTD did. As you mentioned it all ended well.
Yup. They overnighted the rubs. The Freakin' Greek rub is fantastic. I'm not a "sweet" person, so the Honey Rib Rub and Warm Apple Pie rubs were a bit of a miss for me. To be honest, when I spoke with the first person, they promised me that they would get the screw out overnight, but seemed extremely distracted and like they didn't care. The second person I spoke to was much more attentive, and extremely apologetic.

JR

Ditto on the Freakin’ Greek being fantastic. I use it a lot now, especially on poultry. It also pairs nicely with other rubs to build flavor. It’s great on the top of many types of soups and stews also. I used it on top of my chicken and dumplings this past weekend.

The Warm Apple Pie is a hit here also, but not on any meats. We are using it a lot of ways, on top of vanilla ice cream, on a toasted and buttered English muffin, on top of whipped cream on a cocktail, etc. A little of it goes a long way.

Ditto on the Freakin’ Greek being fantastic. I use it a lot now, especially on poultry. It also pairs nicely with other rubs to build flavor. It’s great on the top of many types of soups and stews also. I used it on top of my chicken and dumplings this past weekend.

The Warm Apple Pie is a hit here also, but not on any meats. We are using it a lot of ways, on top of vanilla ice cream, on a toasted and buttered English muffin, on top of whipped cream on a cocktail, etc. A little of it goes a long way.
My wife brined a couple small pork tenderloins this weekend, then I seasoned the outside with Freakin' Greek. I smoked at 225 for about 90 minutes, and they were fantastic. It's my new go-to for pork loin.

I'm sure that there are good things to use the Warm Apple Pie seasoning, there's just nothing that we cook that I think it would work well with. I mean, we're the type of people that serve a cheese plate for dessert, because we just don't eat sweet stuff.

JR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back