Rec Teq flash sale

Rheinlein,

Thanks for the info, That is a pretty good deal on those units. They must be trying to offload inventory to make space for the new models. Great timing for those that are shopping,

25% off on discontinued models? I dunno, I think they are gonna have to do better than that to move discontinued inventory.

25% off on discontinued models? I dunno, I think they are gonna have to do better than that to move discontinued inventory.
I would second this. I'm not in the market so it is irrelavent to me however they would have to do better than 25% off. I'm not saying they should be 50% off but somewhere in the middle. But hey, if they can sell out at that discount, props to RecTeq.

I would second this. I'm not in the market so it is irrelavent to me however they would have to do better than 25% off. I'm not saying they should be 50% off but somewhere in the middle. But hey, if they can sell out at that discount, props to RecTeq.
Actually, I bet they'll shake loose a lot of fence sitters. But, those same fence sitters are contemplating Christmas purchases/bills too........ :unsure:

I bought a bull because of the sale. So they got me. I looked at a flagship and deck boss but their response on thickness of barrel and lid turned me off. Wasn’t paying full price for a bull but 25% was enough for me. Below was their response for the new grills.

Thank you for reaching out. We look forward to helping you when you come by! The Deck Boss has a 12 gauge lid and 19 gauge barrel. The Flagship has a 12 gauge lid and 18 gauge barrel.

I bought a bull because of the sale. So they got me. I looked at a flagship and deck boss but their response on thickness of barrel and lid turned me off. Wasn’t paying full price for a bull but 25% was enough for me. Below was their response for the new grills.

Thank you for reaching out. We look forward to helping you when you come by! The Deck Boss has a 12 gauge lid and 19 gauge barrel. The Flagship has a 12 gauge lid and 18 gauge barrel.
Do you know the gauges on the old 590 and 700 ?

Do you know the gauges on the old 590 and 700 ?
This is what they told me when i asked about the 700. not sure on the 590.

Thank you for reaching out and for being interested in us! The lid of the grill is 12 gauge and the barrel is 14 gauge! I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know and have a good day!

Thank you for reaching out and for interested in us! The lid of the grill is 12 gauge and the barrel is 14 gauge! I hope this helps and that thing was a heavy beast.

if you have any other questions, please let us know and have a good day!

Thank you for reaching out and for being interested in us! The lid of the grill is 12 gauge and the barrel is 14 gauge! I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know and have a good day!
huge difference.
I had owned a gen 1 700, that machine was a beast.
I briefly owned a patio legend, it delivered on my front porch by fedex residential.
It was very light and the lid was incredibly light gauge.
I love my stampede 590 .
Aside from material cost reduction they are saving tons on reduced freight costs.
It would be interesting to learn the guages on the stampede.

Last edited:
And so I sit here vaguely remembering that gauge of sheet metal and wire are counter-intuitive (at least for me) as bigger numbers mean less thickness.

And so I sit here vaguely remembering that gauge of sheet metal and wire are counter-intuitive (at least for me) as bigger numbers mean less thickness.
Same with shotguns; a 20-ga is smaller than a 12-ga. Go figure, right?

And then there was this thing called a 410.
Yeah, that darn rifle/pistol caliber thing snuck into the shotgun world. The .410 is actually a 67-1/2 gauge, so that might explain how the caliber thing got used.

I have three skeet shotguns with 12 ga, 20-ga, 28-ga and .410 bore inserts. The .410 is fun to shoot, but it requires extreme attention to shooting mechanics to be effective in breaking targets.

Although not in the market, I would rather have the tried and tested RT700 before I would purchase the newer models. For my use, it checks off all the boxes. With the discount, that’s a lot of pellets!!! Mine has been a true workhorse and with all the lean/Kaisen events going on at RT since their new “partners” were announced, only time will tell as to the reliability of the newer devices. One additional reason to compel me to take the money and run is that the warranty will run just as long as the new units and if you are lucky they will run out of replacement parts and give you a path to an upgrade if it breaks and can’t be fixed. Just my thoughts, YMMV.

And then there was this thing called a 410.
Goes perfectly with:

1699615623640.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back