Bullseye Questions for Bullseye Owners

Hi Bullseye Owners, I own a 590 and love it. My son is graduating medical school and has mentioned in passing he'd like a smoker and I thought I might surprise him with a Bullseye, because it seems to be the smallest. Most likely, he will be living in an apartment during his residency.
Will this fit on an apartment balcony?
Is this a smoker or just a grill?
Do the legs fold like the smallest Traeger (I hate Traegers)?
Lastly, do you enjoy yours, assuming this is a smoker?
Thank you so much!
After owning my B380 for several months I would not suggest it for your son's first smoker. If he is only gonna grill steaks, chops etc, that's fine but for low slow, I do not recommend. It runs too hot for controlled low/slow. L/S can be done but the controller is not reliable in that mode and the pit has to be watched. No WiFi makes it worse. I would suggest the 340 as it is more conventional and has WiFi as well. Since I have a 590 as well, and just use the B380 for hot cooks, I have no problem. I would never use the 380 on an apartment balcony. Probably might need to see if a smoker is acceptable in that setting also. Also the legs do not fold on the 380, but do on the 340, making it easier to move.

Hello,

I have the Bullseye and the Bull. I have smoked on my Bullseye and it did come out well. You need an aftermarket aluminum plan or something like this:
https://smokeware.com/products/new-stainless-steel-drip-pan?variant=29741561413704

For any apartments or condo or whatever, you NEED to look over the rules closely. Even if allowed, all RecTeq smoke especially at start up.

The RecTeq RT-340 is a smoker first, grill second.
The Bullseye is a grill first and a smoker second.

If I had my choice of only one RecTeq grill because of whatever reason(budget, size, etc), I would choose the Bullseye. It is just an awesome grill that can smoke as long as you have a drip pan on top of the heat deflector. Like another person mentioned, I would recommend an aftermarket wireless thermometer to be able to monitor and have more precise temperatures as the RecTeq probes in my experience have not been super accurate. For my Bull - I got some aftermarket probes that work with the RecTeq controllers.

Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back