Pellet smoker grill combo????

PhillipMunomr

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
My grill has finally kicked the bucket so I have been looking at all the propane grill and pellet grill side-by-side combos. Does anyone have positive/negative experiences? Would I be better off buying a separate grill and pellet smoker? I'm on a budget of 800-1200 $. Thanks in advance!

**UPDATE**: I have purchased a Webber Genisis II and am now searching for the best pellet smoker I can get with my remaining 500$ budget. I've always cooked on gas at home and as a restaurant chef, and have experience with wood smokers so that is what caused my decision. That being said... what do you guys recommend under 500?

At that budget, I think the best you might do is a used Recteq RT-340. Not a huge smoker, but capable of doing a decent-sized brisket, 2-3 racks of ribs, a couple of pork butts, etc.

In that price range, you might consider a second-hand smoker. Take a look thru the classifieds on this website.

Hustler an FYI, pellets don't turn out the same flavor that a wood burner does.
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

MES with an Auber PID and you'll have a fantastic all around smoker especially since you have a grill now for reverse sear.

Edit: use of pellet smoke tube or tray of course

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back