RT-1250 Goodbye Pellet Smoker Tube!

I mainly stopped using a tube because I couldn't keep it smoldering. I tried letting it burn for like 5 minutes before blowing it out, but it still went out after a few minutes. I might try again for higher-heat cooks that could use a little more smoke.

I mainly stopped using a tube because I couldn't keep it smoldering. I tried letting it burn for like 5 minutes before blowing it out, but it still went out after a few minutes. I might try again for higher-heat cooks that could use a little more smoke.

FWIW, I cram the smoke tube (when I use one) with chunks of wood and pack it really tight with pellets. I torch the tube until it is glowing red for almost 2 inches at the top of the tube. I let it burn for probably a good 10 minutes (I light it and then start the grill). I reliably get several hours of smoke that way.

2022-11-08_16-02-36.jpg
IMG_0709.jpeg

I would try letting it burn for at least 10 minutes, 15-20 or more is even better, then put it in your grill without blowing it out.

I would try letting it burn for at least 10 minutes, 15-20 or more is even better, then put it in your grill without blowing it out.
I'll definitely give this a try. Not letting it burn long enough was probably my issue. Thanks for the info.

FWIW, I cram the smoke tube (when I use one) with chunks of wood and pack it really tight with pellets. I torch the tube until it is glowing red for almost 2 inches at the top of the tube. I let it burn for probably a good 10 minutes (I light it and then start the grill). I reliably get several hours of smoke that way.

View attachment 17920View attachment 17919
I never tried chips or chunks mixed with the pellets. I'll have to give this a go next time.

View attachment 17920View attachment 17919
**...THIS Is The WAY...**

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew550
Back