Pellet dust

Of course. Measuring with the dust still on them will throw everything out of whack!
Blame it on the app. There should be notifications when there is too much dust. Maybe the next update will include that once RT sees my suggestion. But it will only be with the 1250. Heehee

I had a Traeger that has had auger issues from the dust as well. Maybe recteqs aren’t as susceptible to that problem. They are certainly much more robust and better built than my old gen 1 Traeger. After my auger quite working from the dust (and many hours spent cleaning it out), I started scooping in the pellets using a large kitty litter scooper bought at Walmart. It lets the fine dust fall away from the pellets. Really only need it when getting near the bottom of the bag. If it isn’t an issue for recteqs I would be thrilled to go back to just dumping the pellets directly into the hopper.

I had a Traeger that has had auger issues from the dust as well. Maybe recteqs aren’t as susceptible to that problem. They are certainly much more robust and better built than my old gen 1 Traeger. After my auger quite working from the dust (and many hours spent cleaning it out), I started scooping in the pellets using a large kitty litter scooper bought at Walmart. It lets the fine dust fall away from the pellets. Really only need it when getting near the bottom of the bag. If it isn’t an issue for recteqs I would be thrilled to go back to just dumping the pellets directly into the hopper.

I have not had issues with the Recteq with dust but I also keep it in the garage and move outside only when I use it.

I also had issues with my Traeger but not sure if it was dust or just issues with Traeger. I did keep one outside and recall that being more so. Maybe if kept outside this is more something to pay attention to and how often it is used.

This may sound tedious at first but read through. When I get a new bag of pellets I always pour them in front of a dirt devil vacuum that I have placed a screen across the intake so that only the dust is collected. Then I mail that filter full of dust back to the manufacturer concerned and say that my 20/40 pound bag of pellets was shy whatever the weight of dust collected is. As a rule I will get a coupon for a free bag of product. You can thank me later.

Did someone say pellet dust?

cocaine GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back