Bull Pellet dust issues

Sm4astan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I've had my Bull for just over a month and today is the second time "sawdust" in the bottom of the hopper has collected and hardened up in enough quantity to stop the auger from turning.

The first time I figured was my fault for dumping the dust at the bottom of my pellet bag into the hopper with the last bit of pellets. After the first time, however, I've been more careful.

Anytime else run into this? Suggestions to prevent it?

I've had my Bull for just over a month and today is the second time "sawdust" in the bottom of the hopper has collected and hardened up in enough quantity to stop the auger from turning.

The first time I figured was my fault for dumping the dust at the bottom of my pellet bag into the hopper with the last bit of pellets. After the first time, however, I've been more careful.

Anytime else run into this? Suggestions to prevent it?
I'm not sure what part of the country your from but I've never had this issue and pretty much neglect the hopper as far as cleaning it out on both my pellet stove and Bull. There has to be some moisture or water getting in the auger/hopper area for what your experiencing.

I'm not sure what part of the country your from but I've never had this issue and pretty much neglect the hopper as far as cleaning it out on both my pellet stove and Bull. There has to be some moisture or water getting in the auger/hopper area for what your experiencing.

Upstate New York. It's been humid, but others in humid areas have reported no issues with moisture in hopper. The pellets at top of hopper never show any sign of moisture.

Upstate New York. It's been humid, but others in humid areas have reported no issues with moisture in hopper. The pellets at top of hopper never show any sign of moisture.
Your area isn't much different than mine in NW Connecticut. Do you use a cover on the grill?

Yes, I've started to cover with a generic cover.
There could be a few things going on, the cover trapping moisture in, a weak auger or the pellets your using, have you tried using different pellets? My bull is never covered but stored outside under a open porch and in the year I've had it I never experience this issue and I'm using many different brands of pellets, some very dusty. A call or email to Rec Tec Support may be the best thing to do to get this issue figured out.

Thanks all. Looks like I've got a few things to try.

I'm using Rec Tec pellets right now, so I have to assume that's not the problem.

If you think you want to filter out your dust you can look on amazon and either buy or make something in the bottom of a 5g bucket to filter it
Can you provide a link in Amazon for that bucket? Thanks

I think you'll be fine. I'm in humidity central down here in Louisiana and while I do get dust build up in the grill it hasn't effected anything. I just use my handy little ash vac to suck it all out about once a month.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back