Ordered today 700

DT Seg

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just ordered the 700. I’ve been researching and reading for he past year and decided to hit the order button. I was considering the 590 and Traeger Timberline.

Congratulations and welcome to the family. I'm sure you will be much happier with the RT-700 than a Traeger. There are a lot of members here that have a wide experience level, from new to BBQ to old hands at BBQ looking to ease the workload to get good, consistent BBQ. I've only had my RT-700 for 4 months, but have been smoking about 3 times a week. I can tell you if you're coming from charcoal or stick burners, you'll slip right into the easy life of a pellet smoker. I'm looking forward to seeing some great pix of your BBQ in a couple weeks.

@DT Seg congrats on the new purchase. Great choice going with the Rec Tec Bull pellet grill!

I too looked at many other brands and even Rec Tec models. I'm VERY happy that I went with the RT-700. It's an awesome grill and I'm sure you're going to love it too.

Be sure to post pictures of it once you get it and be sure to tell us your thoughts about the grill once you've had time to use it.

I also was debating between the 590 and 700. Didn't want to think afterwards "sure wish I'd have"...went with the 700 and haven't looked back! Congrats!

Congrats on the new grill. You made a wise choice by getting the Rec Tec first. I made the mistake of getting a traeger the a GMG before getting the Bull. Huge upgrade than the units I had before.

I just ordered the 700. I’ve been researching and reading for he past year and decided to hit the order button. I was considering the 590 and Traeger Timberline.
Great choice. I spent a lot of time doing comparisons and details of different pellet smokers. Originally ordered the Weber but sent it back before I opened it. That gave me some time to do more research. Rev Tec has a great reputation for build and customer service. I love the Bull. Great addition to the cooking arsenal. Have fun.

Expected arrival date is May 4. Can’t wait. Already told my neighbor I’ll need him and the dolly to move it from the driveway to the back of the house

You will have no regrets! Congrats!!! My personal story is that my family only has one complaint.... We use it too much. My family is tired of smoke flavored stuff. ha. Ribs last night. Turkey breast this planned for this weekend. Pork loin last weekend. Brisket, wings, steaks last week. It is so easy to use! And perfect for our current state. I can put something on and generally ignore it for a few hours to much longer while i work from home.

Congrats again and welcome to the forum!

Grill has been delivered and assembly fun begins soon. So fortunate to have a neighbor to help me move it and set it up. I’ll probably owe him a beer or two and a few meals

Nice, well worth the cost of admission.
My neighbor helped break down boxes and carry everything to the backyard so he does
get a rack of ribs on occasion!

Set up complete and burn in in progress
3F834852-8FEF-4EE0-8174-C59B8A691950.jpeg

Simple first grill baked potatoes and bacon wrapped filets. Bigger plans for tomorrow...

Attachments

• 716DA0FC-96C5-4CEF-A5A6-9CB2EB55294B.jpeg
    716DA0FC-96C5-4CEF-A5A6-9CB2EB55294B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 80
First smoked chuck roast today. Turned out well. Will continue to experiment.

Attachments

• B2C465C8-3F27-4EFF-8BDE-CD08AB57ECF5.jpeg
    B2C465C8-3F27-4EFF-8BDE-CD08AB57ECF5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back