Ordered the 700 today

wincraig

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I own a 22in WSM, a Weber charcoal grill and a Weber Genesis gas Grill. I've decided to get a pelet grill. After research I'm going with a RT 700. I ordered a cover, pelet bundle and sear plate. I'm hoping the sear plate works, if not I have my gas grill to sear. I didn't order the front shelf thinking I've never had one before, I can always get it later . I'm sure when I receive it I will have many questions . I have been reading many posts to get familiar with the 700. Hoping I made the right choice.

Great choice! I sold my WSM after buying the RT. Set it and forget it for the grill temp. Use the Weber Genesis with your sear kit. You can quickly heat that to sear temp while the RT is cooking at the lower temps. So there is no delay while waiting for the RT to get to sear temp.

I own a 22in WSM, a Weber charcoal grill and a Weber Genesis gas Grill. I've decided to get a pelet grill. After research I'm going with a RT 700. I ordered a cover, pelet bundle and sear plate. I'm hoping the sear plate works, if not I have my gas grill to sear. I didn't order the front shelf thinking I've never had one before, I can always get it later . I'm sure when I receive it I will have many questions . I have been reading many posts to get familiar with the 700. Hoping I made the right

Great choice! I sold my WSM after buying the RT. Set it and forget it for the grill temp. Use the Weber Genesis with your sear kit. You can quickly heat that to sear temp while the RT is cooking at the lower temps. So there is no delay while waiting for the RT to get to sear temp.
Just got mine today and had time to do my first cook. Threw on some chicken thighs to help season it and they definitely exceeded my expectations. Juiciest ones yet, perfectly cooked through out.

Good choice for sure.. I'll second the sear plates on the gasser. No waiting for heating up by using both. Just place them on top of the gasser grates. I almost always use the flat side to get the most out of a sear. but have recently acquired a Blackstone and boy does that work amazing also. Enjoy & post pics!

@wincraig welcome to the RecTeq family. You're going to love the RT-700 for sure. I've had mine for a while now and use it at least once a week now.

I too didn't order a front shelf when I first got my Rec Teq Bull, but now that I have it I couldn't do without it. It's well worth the money and I use it every single time I use the grill now.

I'm sure you're going to be very happy with your choice, but be sure to let us know what you think about it once you receive it and get to use it a few times!

I went ahead and ordered the shelf today after reading posts how everyone likes it.
Good choice on the front shelf. Way easier to install with the initial assembly I would think. My shelf was backordered when I got my 700. It was a pain to install after assembly.

And welcome to the 700 club. You’re going to love it.

I went ahead and ordered the shelf today after reading posts how everyone likes it.

I don't have the RecTeq shelf but made my own which I use every time I cook. I can't imagine it without to be honest. It's just way too handy. Good call..

I own a 22in WSM, a Weber charcoal grill and a Weber Genesis gas Grill. I've decided to get a pelet grill. After research I'm going with a RT 700. I ordered a cover, pelet bundle and sear plate. I'm hoping the sear plate works, if not I have my gas grill to sear. I didn't order the front shelf thinking I've never had one before, I can always get it later . I'm sure when I receive it I will have many questions . I have been reading many posts to get familiar with the 700. Hoping I made the right choice.
I received my 700 last Friday and it’s awesome! The Grill Grates work great, did some pork chops on them and they were delicious!

Got mine last night and cooked salmon and ribs on this morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
Fellow Weber fanboy here with a 22" WSM and a Spirit-320 w/ rotisserie. Ordered the RT-1250 on Thursday and can't wait. I'm a huge WSM fanboy and have cooked amazing barbecue on it, but with after adding a newborn to my current 2 I've only smoked once this year. Just takes too much time to start up and get everything ready.

Plugging in my smoker and setting with the app will have me smoking at least twice a month and probably using it twice a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back