Bull Ordered a RT-700!!

The tracking is pretty accurate. Reserved PRO, basically they created a shipping request, but it's not actually on a truck yet.
My RT-700 just showed up at the terminal on December 10th (Detroit, MI), but they can't deliver to my house until the 22nd...ordered on November 30th.

My RT-700 just showed up at the terminal on December 10th (Detroit, MI), but they can't deliver to my house until the 22nd...ordered on November 30th.
Wow! 12 days just to get it to you from Detroit??

I actually started getting real tracking updates once it left Augusta, GA. It’s currently in Memphis. TN. Should be in OKC by the 14th and possible delivery to my house on the 15th.

Interesting username. Thumper was my squadron’s mission call sign when I was in the Air Force. 😁

I just went through this. It means it has not been loaded on the truck from recteq. Estes will scan the shipment as it's loaded then your tracking will start to show movement. It took a week for recteq to ship mine, 3 days from GA to delivery terminal in TX and 6 days for last mile delivery when it was 50 miles from the house. It's supposed to show up tomorrow. Hopefully yours goes faster.

You won't regret it.....don't know if I can really tell the difference in the wood make of the pellets. I decided to use hickory all the way. I've used different ones but doesn't make enough difference (to me) to worry about changing.
I agree I am very close to settling on using just using 100% hickory pellets from Smoke Ring. I cannot tell much of a difference in the pellets either

What the F! My Estes tracking # showed my 700 was in Oklahoma City yesterday. I figured I’d get a call today or tomorrow scheduling delivery. But now it says it’s in Phoenix, AZ! What?!?!

Don't you just love freight shipping. They don't seem to run on any standard delivery SLA's. It's whenever they get around to it. And they will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Spoke to three different people on three different days and was given a different answer every time. It sat for 6 days waiting on final mile delivery and it only had to travel another 50 miles. Then came in packaged on it's side with two pallets. Were still waiting on our replacement Bullseye. Hopefully UPS gets around to delivering that this week in better condition than the last one. The universal excuse for anything that goes wrong these days is Covid.

Last edited:
I called this morning and was told my package was taken off the truck and I should be getting contacted soon about delivery. My house is no more than 15 miles from the terminal. Hopefully they are correct. I asked why the tracking # is showing in AZ and the person said, I don’t know but it’s in OKC and you’ll be getting contacted soon. 🤞🏼

Just heard back from THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! Yes you can pick up from the terminal...from customer service, says,,,,,YJust need to call the shipping company and tell them that you want to pick up from terminal, then give RecTec a call and tell them that you want to pick up from the terminal, they will then go ahead and call the shipping company and let them know you are allowed to pick up shipment from the Terminal. Hope This helps!!!! Smoke On!!!!

I do have a question about pellet removal. What’s the best way to do that if I want to swap pellets.
I dont swap pellets nor can I taste a significant difference. I like to use one blend on everything to keep it easy and have no regrets doing so. That said - I thought cookinpellets were kinda bland. Rec Tec pellets were good on everthing. about to move to lumberjack Competition blend as they are cheaper and highly rated.

Oh yes, I use the buckethead vac for firepot and chamber cleanout. its a dirty process and wouldnt subject a shop vac to that.

Oh yes, I use the buckethead vac for firepot and chamber cleanout. its a dirty process and wouldnt subject a shop vac to that.
I never heard of the buckethead vac before but looks like $26 at HD.

So....I’m pretty sure my grill is lost. Estes says they transferred it to residential delivery which is run by DLS. I called DLS to see if I could just pick it up and they told me that Estes never transferred it to them although they do show that it was supposed to be. Long story short, it’s in Recteq’s hands now. They promised they would take care of it and would send out a new grill ASAP if need be. But I really wanted it before Christmas and it’s not looking very possible at this point unless they can track mine down soon.

Well I finally picked up my grill today, Ordered 30 Nov, picked up today. After they lost my grill, drove it past Oklahoma and all the way to Arizona, then found it in Dallas...having to wait nearly a week later than when it was supposed to be delivered, I decided I’d just pick it up from the terminal. It was on my way home anyway.

Doing the burn-in tonight will cook something on it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 9384D3E2-FB2E-4528-AF53-E51574A19599.jpeg
    9384D3E2-FB2E-4528-AF53-E51574A19599.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
WOW what an ordeal. Glad you finally got it. Now it’s time to enjoy your new toy and let the frustration of the wait drift of in your memory. What’s up for the first cook?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back