Bull Ordered a RT-700!!

Aclarke44

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I finally made the decision to order my Bull on Monday (30 Nov). I missed all the black Friday sales primarily because I couldn’t make up my mind between the 590 and 700. I had decided on the 700 then saw the 590 with a free comp cart and started to waffle. Lol. Not sure when I’ll get it as I still haven’t received an email saying it’s shipped but I knew it might take some time with all the Black Friday orders.

I’m coming from a barrel smoker (PBC and Oklahoma Joe Bronco). I’m looking for a “cleaner” smoke on my food and an easier cook. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve pretty much perfected the barrel smokers and can make great tasting food but something about cooking long cooks on charcoal that my stomach doesn’t like. I know I’ll get a milder smoke from the Bull and that’s fine. I’m looking forward to cooking everything on it!

Fortunately, I live close to an Atwoods where they sell Lumber Jack and Bear Mountain pellets for $9 per 20 lb bag. I bough 2 bags of Lumber Jack 100% Hickory and 1 bag of 100% Cherry. I do have a question about pellet removal. What’s the best way to do that if I want to swap pellets. I’m sure I’ll find a wood like best and will probably only use that but in the meantime, it’ll be fun to try different woods.

You won't regret it.....don't know if I can really tell the difference in the wood make of the pellets. I decided to use hickory all the way. I've used different ones but doesn't make enough difference (to me) to worry about changing.

Wow! I was hoping the Black Friday stuff would have been shipped sooner than that! Oh well hopefully mine will get shipped early next week. Mine is coming to Oklahoma.

on edit, clearly I need to figure out how to quote stuff in this forum. I though I did but apparently not. Lol.

Mine was ordered on the 27th as well and just got a shipment move on the 4th.. good luck with the 700!! I sold my Treager today to "make room".. I don't think I will miss her one bit.

Mine was ordered on the 27th as well and just got a shipment move on the 4th.. good luck with the 700!! I sold my Treager today to "make room".. I don't think I will miss her one bit.
I have a friend who has a Treager. His is about 5 yrs old. He’s actually one who told me to look into the recteq. He’s got another friend who has a 700. I think we are gonna convert him! 😁

I have a friend who has a Treager. His is about 5 yrs old. He’s actually one who told me to look into the recteq. He’s got another friend who has a 700. I think we are gonna convert him! 😁

LOL.. My neighbor bought his 700 about a year ago based on my recommendation. Even though I did not own a 700 yet I could not recommend a Treager and he has been very happy with his Bull. We'll get them all eventually :). Mine was just so new and still was when it left today. It was hard but ya only live once and making good eats is a requirement.

I finally made the decision to order my Bull on Monday (30 Nov). I missed all the black Friday sales primarily because I couldn’t make up my mind between the 590 and 700. I had decided on the 700 then saw the 590 with a free comp cart and started to waffle. Lol. Not sure when I’ll get it as I still haven’t received an email saying it’s shipped but I knew it might take some time with all the Black Friday orders.

I’m coming from a barrel smoker (PBC and Oklahoma Joe Bronco). I’m looking for a “cleaner” smoke on my food and an easier cook. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve pretty much perfected the barrel smokers and can make great tasting food but something about cooking long cooks on charcoal that my stomach doesn’t like. I know I’ll get a milder smoke from the Bull and that’s fine. I’m looking forward to cooking everything on it!

Fortunately, I live close to an Atwoods where they sell Lumber Jack and Bear Mountain pellets for $9 per 20 lb bag. I bough 2 bags of Lumber Jack 100% Hickory and 1 bag of 100% Cherry. I do have a question about pellet removal. What’s the best way to do that if I want to swap pellets. I’m sure I’ll find a wood like best and will probably only use that but in the meantime, it’ll be fun to try different woods.
Congratulations! I debated a lot on my purchase of the Bull and sure love it! The best pellet grill and service you could hope for! Ive been using Bear Mountain gourmet blend lately and love the sweet flavor and no dust in bag. Enjoy and congrats again!
7644BC88-2887-480C-A626-C16355C506E6.jpeg

So I’m thinking my grill hasn’t actually shipped yet. I received the tracking number Monday but when I look it up online the progress just says “Reserved PRO, shipment not tendered by shipper”. The company is Estes. I wonder how long it takes for them to pick it up and start driving it towards Oklahoma?? Or is their tracking system not as good and accurate as fedex/UPS...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back