Offset’s to pellet should of done it sooner

Hoginme

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I’ve been running stick burners for the last 15ish years and I will still stick to my guns and say there is no better bbq than what comes off of them by competent cooks.

The older I get the more I wanted to set it and forget it type of set up, all my friends run pellets and they make dang good bbq. Deep down I envy their cooks as they had time to go do other things while I had to stick around the house and maintain a fire. I finally broke down and picked up a 1250 this winter, I put it together and it sat in my garage for about 4 months while my offset called my name to keep using it. I finally said it’s time…. Broke the 1250 in and got to cooking on it. My offsets now reside with random people and the 1250 is the queen…..
Why didn’t I do this sooner hahaha

96757E22-6080-4885-9E57-93585DED4F6F.jpeg

I’ve been running stick burners for the last 15ish years and I will still stick to my guns and say there is no better bbq than what comes off of them by competent cooks.

The older I get the more I wanted to set it and forget it type of set up, all my friends run pellets and they make dang good bbq. Deep down I envy their cooks as they had time to go do other things while I had to stick around the house and maintain a fire. I finally broke down and picked up a 1250 this winter, I put it together and it sat in my garage for about 4 months while my offset called my name to keep using it. I finally said it’s time…. Broke the 1250 in and got to cooking on it. My offsets now reside with random people and the 1250 is the queen…..

View attachment 21427
I too came from offset stick burners and as you, I needed a break as did my failing body. I picked up the 700 and have never looked back. That looks good and not sitting on the cooker makes it nice. 👍

There is nothing like sitting around all night stoking a fire and drinking beer. Those are long nights but good ones. But i definitely like the convenience of a pellet grill but would definitely keep the off set around for when the weather is perfect and you wana stoke the fire all night. Excellent looking cook also!

There is nothing like sitting around all night stoking a fire and drinking beer. Those are long nights but good ones. But i definitely like the convenience of a pellet grill but would definitely keep the off set around for when the weather is perfect and you wana stoke the fire all night. Excellent looking cook also!
That all-night drinking around the fire was great when I was younger and had a few bubbas hanging out with me. Now I’m old and can’t hang all night like I used to. And the old bubbas can’t hang either. 🤭🤣

That all-night drinking around the fire was great when I was younger and had a few bubbas hanging out with me. Now I’m old and can’t hang all night like I used to. And the old bubbas can’t hang either. 🤭🤣
I hear ya’; loud and clear.

View attachment 21427
I've never had a stick burner. Plenty of charcoals though. I watched a YT video recently of a guy showing how to startup a stick burner and run it. It took him well over an hour to get an all-oak fire ready to his liking to cook some steaks. I'll always keep my Kamado Joe. I just add to my arsenal with a couple of Recteqs, which I use the majority of the time. I still like to reminisce with the charcoal though on occasion. Enjoy your 1250! They are awesome.

View attachment 21427
I learned to cook 60 years ago on an open pit. Talk about work. I still have one in my back yard that I don't use for cooking any longer. I also have been the stick burner route and now have settled in with my 1250 and a Bullseye. I do my all-nighters now from my bedside on the 1250 with the Recteq app.

View attachment 21427
You and me both Brother, I was a stick and fire guy for years and yes I put out great product for friends and family but I got older and got tired of cold, rain, snow and all three at once bought the 700 over a year ago.

I had built my own stick burner 25 years ago, it came time to replace it. Went with a backyard beast. It's not as good as a stick burner.. but much easier to use so I smoke more often. Looking into smoke tubes or there are external devices to add more smoke.
Also looking for the right pellets. On my stick burner I would never have use 60-80% oak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back