Odd occurrence on shut down

JTolbert

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Has anyone ever had their grille start the shut down cycle and then not shut down. I did a short cook yesterday pork chops,couple hours then finished inside. So when done grille was only at 200 so I just hit off button, I saw the fan and countdown screen start but got busy and never went back our to verify. I get up and 130 am and here the humm outside go check and grille is still running. Is this possible, is it some safety feature in the new update. Anyone ever had this?

Has anyone ever had their grille start the shut down cycle and then not shut down. I did a short cook yesterday pork chops,couple hours then finished inside. So when done grille was only at 200 so I just hit off button, I saw the fan and countdown screen start but got busy and never went back our to verify. I get up and 130 am and here the humm outside go check and grille is still running. Is this possible, is it some safety feature in the new update. Anyone ever had this?
They updated the app and you have to hold the off button for three seconds but if you used the control panel that might not be it. Not much help from me I guess.

I have not seen that happen. But I’ve not done any firmware updates on my RT-700. (I don’t plan to as long as i don’t have any problems in how it operates.)

I don’t ever trust this type of thing especially with fire. I always make it a point to check and unplug the grill after it turns off.
Yeah me too usually. Thus time I just got busy and forgot about it even being outside till I heard it running in the middle of the night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back