Bullseye My grill shut off without a cooldown

Fuzionlol

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I just finished smoking a brisket and went to shut off my grill. When I pressed the on/off button it shut off immediately. There was no cooldown, I was smoking at 250. A few days ago I did some steaks and it did a cooldown after that. Why didn't it do a cooldown this time?

Was it set at 250 or were you looking at the actual pit temp? Sometimes when I’m bringing the temp on the grill down before shutting it off it overshoots to the low side. If hit the off button when the grill is below 160 or 170 , I believe, it will shut off without going through the cool down process.

Was it set at 250 or were you looking at the actual pit temp? Sometimes when I’m bringing the temp on the grill down before shutting it off it overshoots to the low side. If hit the off button when the grill is below 160 or 170 , I believe, it will shut off without going through the cool down process.
Yeah i had it set at 250, but the lid was open for a good amount of time. I had to remove the brisket. So, it probably cooled down.

My bullseye does that from time to time for no reason. Coincidentally it’s when I start to have some problems with the fire pot being fairly full and time for a cleaning of the grill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back