Bullseye Is the fan supposed to shut off when over the temp setpoint?

Jeremy31

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I know mine does on LO but when I set to 400 it can get to 450 and the fan keeps running?

If I turn the temp down from 400 to 250 the fan will turn off and on to help it cool faster but when it overshoots either at start up or after the lid is opened it typically calms down without the off and on. I think it just feeds fewer pellets once the controller senses an overshoot.

Last edited:
My fan never stops completely. It almost sounds like an "idle" speed. If I open the lid. and the temp drops, then it revs back up until the temp is back up. I agree that the controller does slow down the auger as well.

My fan never stops completely. It almost sounds like an "idle" speed. If I open the lid. and the temp drops, then it revs back up until the temp is back up. I agree that the controller does slow down the auger as well.
Mine doesn't even change speed even if it over shoots the set temp by 60 degrees when set at 350 or higher. Sounds like a blow torch

The fan, and the auger, run at only one speed. They are either on or off, and not necessarily at the same time, Neither one is a variable speed. Additionally, the function of the fan is not to cool anything. The function of the fan is to feed oxygen of the fuel the fire in the fire pot.

The fan, and the auger, run at only one speed. They are either on or off, and not necessarily at the same time, Neither one is a variable speed. Additionally, the function of the fan is not to cool anything. The function of the fan is to feed oxygen of the fuel the fire in the fire pot.
I understand the blower is for induction but I would expect it to shut off at set point temp similar to what my father's Pit Boss Laredo does but that thing takes 30 minutes to get up to temp. I might try a recteq induction blower on it as they seem to have more CFM output

I understand the blower is for induction but I would expect it to shut off at set point temp similar to what my father's Pit Boss Laredo does but that thing takes 30 minutes to get up to temp. I might try a recteq induction blower on it as they seem to have more CFM output
Mine doesn't even change speed…
I have no knowledge of how a PB pellet grill works. I’m just saying that with the recteq grills, the auger and the fan are either on or off. There Is no scenario where they operate at a variable speed.

I have no knowledge of how a PB pellet grill works. I’m just saying that with the recteq grills, the auger and the fan are either on or off. There Is no scenario where they operate at a variable speed.
I never suggested that, someone else mentioned idle speed, even the PB is just on/off for auger and induction blower

Nope. It reduces the rate at which it feeds pellets into the firebox. Fan stays on to keep the fire burn at a consistent rate. And I’m referring strictly to what it does during cooking. Shutdown sequences are different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back