New smoker app

Android user here, I like all the changes with the latest rev, everything works for me. Between the new app and my longer antenna I'm finally getting some good use of the RT meat probes.

This was a nice surprise. I just opened my app after seeing this post and saw my phone did in fact download the latest version yesterday. I appreciate that the company has been working on bettering the app and its performance as opposed to just leaving us with the original basic app. I believe this is the second upgrade / redesign in the last few months. I’m excited to test it out today while I smoke my trial run turkey before thanksgiving.

I appreciate that the company has been working on bettering the app and its performance as opposed to just leaving us with the original basic app.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but RT pretty much just left us with the original basic app for at least the last 2+ years, not exactly stellar in the software development dept.

Better late then never.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but RT pretty much just left us with the original basic app for at least the last 2+ years, not exactly stellar in the software development dept.

Better late then never.

I’m still relatively new to the Recteq family I’ve only had my smoker for 6 months so I’m not real familiar on the history but maybe they have realized to keep competitive in the market that the app functionality is important. It’s a big selling point these days. Or maybe I’m just a dreamer 😂

I’m still relatively new to the Recteq family I’ve only had my smoker for 6 months so I’m not real familiar on the history but maybe they have realized to keep competitive in the market that the app functionality is important. It’s a big selling point these days. Or maybe I’m just a dreamer 😂
I like the new version. Was kind of a surprise. Proves they are not asleep!

Don't get your hopes up. Until the fix the server capacity, problems will remain on holiday's. Better formulate a back up plan.

I am pleased to report the iOS version worked almost flawlessly during a 7 hour cook Sunday (preheat to shutdown). RT addressed one of my perceived shortcomings (horizontal display/auto-rotate) in this version. The one issue I had was that it would periodically fail to refresh the timeline unless you return to the main screen or timer and then go back in. This however, did not impact the data’s accuracy or retention. Another observation is that the scale is fixed along the vertical (temperature) axis which limits scaling on the fly but, compared to that last 4 major releases, this one us quickly becoming a favorite version. Still pending will be the notifications during high traffic cooking weekends. I’ll try to update as I discover additional use data.

iOS user here, No notifications on my end, tried several devices. Haven’t found a troubleshooting guide.

I don’t know why it has to be a server based app, makes me concerned about privacy and data security from an app developed by a foreign contractor/developer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back