New Recteq Models

But hey they going retail as if we didn’t see that coming. We

But hey they going retail as if we didn’t see that coming. We
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I know from experience, fireboard makes legit controllers. Had one on my Lone Star Grillz IVS. Not saying the current recteq controllers are bad, but wonder if they decided fireboard was a vast improvement.
I haven’t done any deep dives yet, so I don’t know…….has anyone replaced the RT 700 controller with a Fireboard ? Is it possible ?

I think my 700 controller may have just kacked. If true, I’m confident that RT would warranty it. But, if I’m going to replace the controller, I’m not allergic to the idea of putting in a Fireboard. I don’t have the warm and fuzzies about the robustness/longevity of another RT controller.

Last edited:
I haven’t done any deep dives yet, so I don’t know…….has anyone replaced the RT 700 controller with a Fireboard ? Is it possible ?

I think my 700 controller may have just kacked. If true, I’m confident that RT would warranty it. But, if I’m going to replace the controller, I’m not allergic to the idea of putting in a Fireboard. I don’t have the warm and fuzzies about the robustness/longevity of another RT controller.
While the RT controllers may not be the best, they seem to last.

Warranty = free. I’d ride the free parts until the warranty expires.

Warranty = free. I’d ride the free parts until the warranty expires.
Yeah, that makes the most sense, but I also feel like I need to explore options.

I thought I had seen a few instances of people here having the controller crap out on them. Maybe I’m imagining it……

I really wonder what actual improvements they made. I know the hidden grease trap is nice. Not sure where it is though. I wonder if they added a pellet chute like Lone Star has so they can't have burn back? Looking forward to seeing the inside of the grill and also wonder what the prices will be on the new ones.

It’s interesting that they are calling the flagship the replacement for the 700 and with that now including a 2nd shelf and having a cooking space of 1000 seems like the 1250 isn’t that much different. Wonder if they phase that out or when 1250 gets refreshed does it get bigger. Would be interested in knowing if the new controller will work on the 1250.

“Smoke Stone?” Wow; how original!
😂 the dual fire trying to still figure out what that could be. I also don’t understand why have the flagship and the 1250 since they are basically the same size cooking space now.

😂 the dual fire trying to still figure out what that could be. I also don’t understand why have the flagship and the 1250 since they are basically the same size cooking space now.
The dual fire has smaller section for direct fire and a larger section for indirect

I need to see more on this one before I ditch my 1250 for anything else.

I guess I was looking for something more than what they did. The 590 has a sliding rack, nice but not really a game changer......what else is new other than minor/cosmetic stuff?

This is so exciting, not. 🫤 New Tide laundry detergent once again. I will stick with my 700 since it has failed to disappoint. If I made a change Yoder or Lonestar would be my go top’s.

And to answer your other question, the flagship is a refresh of the 1250
Well cooking space wise it’s smaller cause of the half shelf. Is it taller or wider than the current 1250? Will they be getting rid of the 1250?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back