Bull New family favorite

Flyjunkie

As the title suggests, this is a winner. These 4 were Jacks frozen pizzas from Walmart. Nothing exotic or expensive. I did doctor them up a bit with more mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and black olives. cooked for 18 minutes at 400°. Super simple. excellent results.

IMG_6184.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6186.jpeg

Looks good! Worth giving this a try before we have the masses over for events!

As the title suggests, this is a winner. These 4 were Jacks frozen pizzas from Walmart. Nothing exotic or expensive. I did doctor them up a bit with more mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and black olives. cooked for 18 minutes at 400°. Super simple. excellent results.

View attachment 20759

View attachment 20760

View attachment 20759

View attachment 20760

View attachment 20761
Did the same thing cheap pizzas and dressed them up

20230806_174555.jpg

View attachment 20759

View attachment 20760

View attachment 20761

Dunno if you have "Papa Murphy's" in your area, but I've cooked some of their Pizzas in my 700 and they came out quite good. A little bit of smoke flavor, but not excessive.

A family size (maybe even two) fits inside just fine. Although, now that I think about it, I may have had to cut it in half and load the two halves diagonally.

They're probably one of the better take and bake places, but probably don't hold a candle to your favorite dine in/takeaway place.

Last edited:
We do the Papa Murphy thing too
Catherine likes their Gluten Free Crust
I think it's cool that it just slides off of their "Pan" and onto a Cook Mat
She says it tastes like the Brick Oven with the extra smoke on the underside of the Crust
Wish their Regular crust did that

PM Papa's Fav.jpeg

PM Papa's Fav  Pizza on the Bull.jpeg

I've perfected baking pizzas in an old commercial pizza oven but giving serious consideration to trying to bake one in the 590 I recently bought. Love to hear from anyone who's baked a home made pizza in one as I worry that the temps won't get hot enough.

We do the Papa Murphy thing too
Catherine likes their Gluten Free Crust
I think it's cool that it just slides off of their "Pan" and onto a Cook Mat
She says it tastes like the Brick Oven with the extra smoke on the underside of the Crust
Wish their Regular crust did that

View attachment 20830
View attachment 20828
Yeah........I'm not sure I'd say it was the best I ever had, but it was pretty good. Besides, it was (relatively) "inexpensive" and easy. I'd do it again. :)

I've perfected baking pizzas in an old commercial pizza oven but giving serious consideration to trying to bake one in the 590 I recently bought. Love to hear from anyone who's baked a home made pizza in one as I worry that the temps won't get hot enough.
Look at the green mountain GMG-4023 (I think the 590 handles the 4023 which is gmg's bigger pizza attachment)... The way it works is the heat is funneled right into the pizza area though the pipe piece that attaches to your firebox.. So though your 590 will be set at (370 for example) the temps in the pizza attachment will be WAYYYYY higher.. 700+.. So you can get the temps your looking for.. 370 is my sweet spot.. Fast enough that i can make a pizza in about 4 minutes.. But slow enough that im not running around like a headless chicken..

I have baked pizzas on the RT700, my gasser and other devices, and they all give decent results. I purchased a dedicated pizza oven because it maintains a higher temp (up to ~900F) which my gasser can also reach, but the flame is completely different. In a true pizza oven the heat source typically engulfs the pizza with flames coming from the bottom around the back and sides of the oven cooking the top at a higher temp and the bottom at a much lower temp giving you perfect leoparding if you remember to turn the pizza during the cook. This allows Neapolitan pizzas to cook in under 2 minutes and a Chicago style deep-dish in about 30 minutes to perfection. Another positive is the recovery time when opened it will drop 200-300F but will be back to temp in less than a minute which is important if you have 5 or 6 homemade pizzas stacked up and a bunch of hungry kids impatiently waiting, lol. I also use the “oven” for resting briskets and pork butts as it can hold 150F all day with minimal fuel usage. YMMV.

I have baked pizzas on the RT700, my gasser and other devices, and they all give decent results. I purchased a dedicated pizza oven because it maintains a higher temp (up to ~900F) which my gasser can also reach, but the flame is completely different. In a true pizza oven the heat source typically engulfs the pizza with flames coming from the bottom around the back and sides of the oven cooking the top at a higher temp and the bottom at a much lower temp giving you perfect leoparding if you remember to turn the pizza during the cook. This allows Neapolitan pizzas to cook in under 2 minutes and a Chicago style deep-dish in about 30 minutes to perfection. Another positive is the recovery time when opened it will drop 200-300F but will be back to temp in less than a minute which is important if you have 5 or 6 homemade pizzas stacked up and a bunch of hungry kids impatiently waiting, lol. I also use the “oven” for resting briskets and pork butts as it can hold 150F all day with minimal fuel usage. YMMV.
What “dedicated pizza oven” are you using? I’m afraid I might be headed down that road eventually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back