RT-1250 Jumped into the Recteq family!!

PapaDon

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Purchased a 1250, grill grates, weather cover and 200 pounds of pellets to get me started.

Now the wait begins!!!!

I’m 52 but feel like 80. Bigger guy with bad arthritis. Been cooking on kettles my whole life. Bought and tried the WSM and even got a custom reverse flow Shirley Fabrication. These were all very fun but in the end too much for me. I’m tapped out at the end of the day and I needed something easier.

I can’t wait.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. They do make cooking easy for me. Let us know how it goes!

Just checked, Estes picked it up and it’s in transit.
Estes gives an estimated delivery as 6/10/22-6/16/22. I never expect anything to go that smooth. Especially with me, too many gremlins around. I’ll expect it by next week Friday the 16th and if it comes sooner, awesome.
There’s a huge Estes hub close to where I live.

They pushed it back to 6/13/22 - 6/17/22.
It’s my norm to have lowered expectations because it seems this is the way everything goes. Not to sound morose but it rarely works out for the unexpected awesomeness I would like.

I even bought a bunch of meat but put it all in the freezer yesterday, LOL.
So my new goal would be for this to come before July 4th.

They pushed it back to 6/13/22 - 6/17/22.
It’s my norm to have lowered expectations because it seems this is the way everything goes. Not to sound morose but it rarely works out for the unexpected awesomeness I would like.

I even bought a bunch of meat but put it all in the freezer yesterday, LOL.
So my new goal would be for this to come before July 4th.
I've done the meat stockup twice now, hundreds of dollars worth. Wanted to try everything, right away - like a kid playing with a new toy on Christmas Day. Figured first one was bad luck - obviously it wouldn't happen the second time around, right? So the other smokers got a workout over Memorial Day Weekend and another weekend. Third shipment should arrive today - we (Recteq & me) agreed this is the absolute last try. I'll be able to pick something up on a Father's day sale and get on with my life.

My father chewed tobacco and would save up the lids to send in for his free hat. His favorite thing to say is, “it’s nice to have a hat in the mail”. Waiting on his hat gave him something to look forward to. Kind of like me waiting on my Recteq. The build up and anticipation is exhilarating.
I’m reflecting on other life lessons my father provided. Like, “never call home, you’ll get yelled at twice”.

That’s me, the skinny kid holding my Dad’s Old Style and BBQ brush.

Last edited:
My father chewed tobacco and would save up the lids to send in for his free hat. His favorite thing to say is, “it’s nice to have a hat in the mail”. Waiting on his hat gave him something to look forward to. Kind of like me waiting on my Recteq. The build up and anticipation is exhilarating.
I’m reflecting on other life lessons my father provided. Like, “never call home, you’ll get yelled at twice”.

That’s me, the skinny kid holding my Dad’s Old Style and BBQ brush.
Lol... short shorts are making a comeback - your still in style!

You’re just jealous of those legs and that’s Old Style beer. I used to be a runner back in the day, LOL.

Update: the cooker is at the Estes hub near my house - arrived there at 6am this morning.
There is a solid chance I get it today. And they changed the delivery range back to 6/10 - 6/16.

I think Markham and Markham2 is where the gremlins live.
Good Luck, I hope it arrives in perfect condition!
I understand this comment now. It looks like it leaves the Markham (2) to finally be in route to my house.
Trailer is Closed at Joliet. Final destination is Markaham IL.
And they changed time frame back to 6/13/22 - 6/17/22.
So I won’t take my seasoning chicken thighs out of the freezer just yet.

update: it’s being delivered to the Markham2 hub. It looks like Estes doesn’t work weekends so I figure Monday or Tuesday next week. If Estes keeps a record of how many times someone tracks their shipment, they’re probably scared of me right now, LOL.

Purchased a 1250, grill grates, weather cover and 200 pounds of pellets to get me started.

Now the wait begins!!!!

I’m 52 but feel like 80. Bigger guy with bad arthritis. Been cooking on kettles my whole life. Bought and tried the WSM and even got a custom reverse flow Shirley Fabrication. These were all very fun but in the end too much for me. I’m tapped out at the end of the day and I needed something easier.

I can’t wait.
Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back