charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Bullseye is here. Box is a little damaged. Bottom of the control box panel is a little misaligned. I don't guess it will hurt anything. Don't see any easy way to straighten it. Also the axle self locking nuts I got at Ace Hardware for the bottom shelf axles do not fit. So I am taking the shelf to Ace Hardware tomorrow and get the correct size nuts. Got everything all spread out in the garage Will put her together tomorrow.

Attachments

• Bullseye is Here.jpg
    Bullseye is Here.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 239
  • Bottom Control Box Panel-1.jpg
    Bottom Control Box Panel-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
If you haven't already I'd suggest you take a couple more pics of that controller surround from different angles in good light, I can see two places reflecting the kind of damage from a serious drop at an angle. Then send a message to RT with the pics. Everything might work out fine in the end, but if they have to get involved it will go quicker if you've given them enough info to address the issues, if any, more directly than a sequence of questions and guessing.

If you haven't already I'd suggest you take a couple more pics of that controller surround from different angles in good light, I can see two places reflecting the kind of damage from a serious drop at an angle. Then send a message to RT with the pics. Everything might work out fine in the end, but if they have to get involved it will go quicker if you've given them enough info to address the issues, if any, more directly than a sequence of questions and guessing.
OK, thanks @Greg Jones.

@Greg Jones contacted RT about the control box bottom panel issue. She said she thinks the grill will work OK and sending me a griddle for my issue. I took the panel off and tried to bend it some. It got a little better. Also I found some scratches on the lid and the lid spacer is missing. Will send her an email about that. There was some extra bushing parts in the box. Do you know what they are? I sure don't like the wheels setup. I am going to do something about it. I like the big caster wheels that the stampede competition cart has. There is a guy in one of the FB RT groups that has added some bigger wheels to his Bullseye. I don't fully understand how he did it. What do you think of his wheel mod? I sure would like to get one of them there Bullseye carts from DRG Custom Carts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1935523300108137/permalink/2729447007382425

https://drgcustomcarts.us/products/all-new-bullseye-v3-comp-cart

Attachments

• Lid Scratches-1.jpg
    Lid Scratches-1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Extra Parts-1.jpg
    Extra Parts-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
@Greg Jones forgot to mention that I couldn't find any bottom shelf axle nuts at Ace Hardware that would fit. Must be a special size China has. I have a tap and die set someplace. If I don't do a wheel mod of some kind I am going to retread them damn axles to something that US of America nuts will fit!

Those are not extra parts, they are the spacers mentioned on, I believe, page 17 of the manual. I would not recommend trying to chase SAE threads over existing metric threads-it will not go well. I believe I mentioned this before, but the axel caps from Lowe’s, and I believe Ace has them also, are the best.

Attachments

• 5EE589F8-7C00-442C-BC42-B47A9E038BAC.jpeg
    5EE589F8-7C00-442C-BC42-B47A9E038BAC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • A6E663BC-9E22-4908-ABD8-615047B2C727.jpeg
    A6E663BC-9E22-4908-ABD8-615047B2C727.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 86
Those are not extra parts, they are the spacers mentioned on, I believe, page 17 of the manual. I would not recommend trying to chase SAE threads over existing metric threads-it will not go well. I believe I mentioned this before, but the axel caps from Lowe’s, and I believe Ace has them also, are the best.
WOW @Greg Jones those spacers are not in the RT-B380 assembly manual I downloaded from the RT site. Thanks for the tip on the on the better axle caps from Lowe's or Ace. I will get some and also install them there spacers too. Got the burn in going now. Going to try out HBs tomorrow. I will post some pics later of my Bullseye assembly.

That’s interesting, just looked at the current manual on the recteq site and they are indeed not mentioned! Curious.
Also not mentioned in the manual is that the screws to install the wheel legs are now machined screws and not self tapping. Can you let me know what you think of that Bullseye wheel mod that guy did in the RT FB group when you have a chance? Thanks

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back