Naan bread in cast iron skillet

kennethk

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-1070
Make dough - ~90 minutes - roll into 6 balls - flatten - cook in clarified butter ~90 seconds per side - coat with garlic butter or anything you want

06A689E1-2620-4641-B85B-51DCCE396DE7_1_105_c.jpeg
FFC7D4D9-7E28-4AF3-AC60-3F64D30B7A23_1_105_c.jpeg

Looks great! Dough recipe - or link please. I'm assuming it's not a secret family recipe based off of your name.
I think this would go well with the brisket I've got in the smoker right now.

I've got a double batch whirring away in the breadmaker (on dough cycle). Gonna fry it on the large recteq griddle, on my stove top(it's cold outside). With that many variables in the equation - it's gotta be good, right? Whether it turns out or not - thanks for the idea and recipe.

When I have an itch I search Google for recipes and pick a few that seem to make sense to me - I've made some in the skillet, the baking stone in the oven, and the Blackstone - My taste testers liked this recipe in the skillet the best - for now - try different butter and oil topping combinations - our daughter bough these to try

IMG_1688.jpeg

@kennethk made them better, but I will definitely be making them again. I rolled them too thin and they turn into crispy bread when they cool off.
You can soften them up with a wet paper towel and 30 seconds in the microwave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back