Has anyone made bread?

Gonefishin

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
As the title says, has anyone made bread in their RT? I'm thinking a loaf of rye or wheat but don't know if the smoke taste ruins it.

Have not, but I have done a chocolate cake and the smoke didn't ruin the flavor. In the past on my big stick burner I've regularly smoked pre-backed Italian bread for garlic cheese bread.

I've read of someone doing it. I'm not sure there's any point to it, unless your indoor oven is not available, like say, you're remodeling, etc..

Bread baking temps are usually in the 400-450F range, so it's doable, but just barely. I don't think there would be any negative flavor at those temps. It should be burning pretty clean.

Yep, I've done it. Works pretty much like your oven. I like to do it when I don't feel like heating up the house on a hot day. I'd suggest rotating a bit more frequently than you might do in your oven to be sure to get even heat all around your loaf/ves. No discernible smoke flavor on any of my RT breads.....probably due to the relatively high heat......and, of course, my sandwich loaf is cooked "covered" in a Pullman pan with lid.

My post of some focaccia and a sandwich loaf:
https://www.recteqforum.com/threads/show-us-what-youre-cooking.2925/page-33#post-49492

My Wife bakes Her "Gluten Free" Bread in our Bull:
Sourdough Bread on the Bull.jpeg

Sourdough Bread.jpeg

She bakes it at 475, for approx 30 mins
Tastes as great as it looks too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back