Most frequently cooked on the Recteq?

CraigC

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New Bull owner here. Just wondering, to get some ideas, besides pork butt/shoulder, ribs and brisket, what do you all cook the most?

Bacon wrapped beef tenderloin roast, beef dino ribs, pork tenderloin, salmon, and baked beans to name some. Tried chicken but prefer it on the gasser both rotisserie and on the grate.

Dinos, mac n cheese, cornbread, all kinds of vegetables. I’ve even smoked Tofu for the Vegan wife. Possibilities are endless.

Pizza, meatloaf, prime rib, bologna chubs, breakfast fatties just to name a few.

Other then what you mentioned, pizza, although I do want to try the crosshatched hot dogs.

I’ve made some really good homemade pizzas, jerky, jalapeño poppers, ABT’s, over the top chili. I’ve also used my Bull to cold smoke homemade sausages and to smoke/dry peppers from the garden to grind into powders. The sky is the limit.

Edit…

A couple of homemade pies I just took off the Bull! Putting my money where my mouth is…

8200409B-01C9-41EE-A115-5F1CCAD78F34.jpeg

65067A6D-1926-45C6-AA50-D0C4FF8DCEAE.jpeg

Last edited:
New Bull owner here. Just wondering, to get some ideas, besides pork butt/shoulder, ribs and brisket, what do you all cook the most?
Believe it or not… Frozen pizza. Oak pellets cook at temp and time as you would in an oven. Use and aluminum mesh pizza pan.
image.jpg

Winware 14-Inch Seamless Aluminum... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CIEJZG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I also low and slow Italian Sausages with Hickory. 180 for and hour then 250-275 for 10-20 min. I do 4 packs at a time then vacuum pack and freeze to use as needed.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Pork belly burnt ends, chicken, chuck roast, pizza, pretty much anything when I don't want the kitchen to heat up.

An often requested is Smoked Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Cross hatch, sprinkle with Ben's Heffer Dust, 225 for 2 hours. Serve with crackers.

Great suggestions! Thanks everyone. I've been cooking things lately on the RT that I would normally cook on the stovetop/oven, with better results. If nothing else, I would rather cook outside than in the kitchen. BTW Meatchurch smoked meatloaf recipe is pretty damned good. Just had it this weekend. Go Falcons!

Wings, bone in chicken breasts, turkey breasts, hand patted burgers, ribs, reverse sear steaks, and smoked meatloaf........all my regulars. :) I NEVER go higher than 350, most my cooks are 235/255 low and slow.

I started keeping a list of all the things I cooked on my Bull, not necessarily the most often but just all the types of things for when people asked me about my smoker. For what it’s worth, here’s that list:

Pizza

Deep dish pizza

Corn

Jalapeño poppers

Burgers

Steaks

Salt block shrimp

Teriyaki rib tips

Cedar planked salmon

American goulash

Bacon, eggs, potatoes

Spatchcocked chicken

Sausages

Pineapple with bourbon brown sugar butter cinnamon glaze

Chicken livers

Beef ribs

Pork ribs

Beef jerky

Asparagus

Crab gumbo

Brisket

Carne Asada strip steak

Chocolate chip cookies

Brisket shepherds pie

Salmon

Spam

A Baloney

Salt

Drying anchos and jalapeños

Chicken breasts

Meatloaf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back