Stampede Smithfield pre-cooked ternderloin

guitarman1996

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Usually buy these things to fix for work and was thinking of trying it on the 590 instead of throwing in the oven like I usually do..... I would assume that since it's already cooked and just needs to heated I put it on like 325/350/400 and wait for the temp probe to read accordingly? Just curious if others have tried/done it?

Usually buy these things to fix for work and was thinking of trying it on the 590 instead of throwing in the oven like I usually do..... I would assume that since it's already cooked and just needs to heated I put it on like 325/350/400 and wait for the temp probe to read accordingly? Just curious if others have tried/done it?
I have not tried them, but if you already have a process for throwing them in the oven, throw them in the 590 and do the same. That will give you a starting point on how you might want to tweak the process.

I cut up pork loins (not tenderloins) marinate them, seal and freeze them, then sous vide them, and finish in the smoker. Not exactly the same product or process that you are considering, but the results are fantastic.

I learned so much here. I’m going to follow this and see what others say. I’m wondering since it is pre-cooked, what’s the point of burning chips. And now someone may school me as to why it might be a good idea.

How do you eat these at work? Fork&Knife, on a Sub roll, sliced into a sammich? It's already pre-cooked, so why did you put it in the oven? And if it ends up in sammich form - what about slicing it thin, laying it out like a deck of cards and smoking on Lo for just a little while to give it some smoke?

I'm sure it's great no matter how you eat it - just curious.

How do you eat these at work? Fork&Knife, on a Sub roll, sliced into a sammich? It's already pre-cooked, so why did you put it in the oven? And if it ends up in sammich form - what about slicing it thin, laying it out like a deck of cards and smoking on Lo for just a little while to give it some smoke?

I'm sure it's great no matter how you eat it - just curious.
They’re precooked but needed to be heated. I just cut it into slices and take some rice or a salad. Lasts me a couple of nights

It came out pretty good, did a tin foil bottom curved a little to keep all the juices there. I usually do these every couple of months. Might do ribs next time.

I'm just wondering, because I haven't tried it, but what about taking the pre-marinaded, uncooked pork tenderloins, wiping them down so the smoke can penetrate, maybe applying a basic rub (or not), and smoking at like 225 - 250 until you get to the desired internal temp?

It sounds like you're pressed for time during the work day so I get that part, but I bet a little extra time to cook yourself on your 590 will probably blow your mind compared to stuff cooked in a meat processing plant. A pork tenderloin would probably cook up nice in the time you're getting ready for work.

I played around with some pre-marinaded beef tri-tip that I'd smoke for a bit at 180 - 200 and then crank up my Recteq to 375 to do a lazy guy's reverse sear. The whole process took around an hour.

I've got some raw unmarinated pork tenderloins in the freezer. I might just experiment on this for a weeknight meal. It's an interesting idea. Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm just wondering, because I haven't tried it, but what about taking the pre-marinaded, uncooked pork tenderloins, wiping them down so the smoke can penetrate, maybe applying a basic rub (or not), and smoking at like 225 - 250 until you get to the desired internal temp?

It sounds like you're pressed for time during the work day so I get that part, but I bet a little extra time to cook yourself on your 590 will probably blow your mind compared to stuff cooked in a meat processing plant. A pork tenderloin would probably cook up nice in the time you're getting ready for work.

I played around with some pre-marinaded beef tri-tip that I'd smoke for a bit at 180 - 200 and then crank up my Recteq to 375 to do a lazy guy's reverse sear. The whole process took around an hour.

I've got some raw unmarinated pork tenderloins in the freezer. I might just experiment on this for a weeknight meal. It's an interesting idea. Thanks for mentioning it.
Only reason I did those is I already had it in the fridge. I’ve got time before work to throw it on the rectech so keep us updated how yours turn out.

I thought about getting one of those pre-marinated tenderloins and puttin it in my food saver vac-u-pack to try and draw that marinade into the meat a little more then drop it on the 590 for some smoke. Thoughts? Think it would draw any flavor into the meat?

I thought about getting one of those pre-marinated tenderloins and puttin it in my food saver vac-u-pack to try and draw that marinade into the meat a little more then drop it on the 590 for some smoke. Thoughts? Think it would draw any flavor into the meat?
Not sure about what you are talking about if it would help but I can say creating the "boat" like I did helped keep it juicy and tender enough.... I'd be curious about what you are suggesting to

Not sure about what you are talking about if it would help but I can say creating the "boat" like I did helped keep it juicy and tender enough.... I'd be curious about what you are suggesting to
I’ve seen on cooking shows where they drop some kid of meat in a bag and then vacuum seal the bag to help the meat draw the marinade into it. I’m not sure if it would work with a thicker seasoning or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back