Meat Prices = Non-Smoking Time

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210703-102135_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210703-102135_Gallery.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 74
Yesterday I read the White House gleefully announced the Farm Bureau said the cost of a July 4th bbq went down 16 cents.
In early Feb I paid 3.28/lb for prime brisket:
https://www.recteqforum.com/threads/please-dont-read-unless-youre-seated.3216/post-34087

It's now 4.98/lb, a 52% increase in 5 months which equates to more than $25 for a 15lb brisket.

I'm still trying to figure out how to realize my 16 cent savings!
Let me know when you find it, I can't 🤷‍♂️
I did find St Louis cut ribs for $1.99 per pound so I picked up 4 racks.

I like smoking chicken thighs; marinate them overnight in teriyaki and smoke for about 3 hours on low.

I can't say I'm protesting the meat prices, but I have changed the way I buy it. I no longer bye beef or pork at the grocery stores. I go to the online shops like wild Fork, although I guess they have brick-and-mortar stores but not around here. And a couple of others. I do pay more but I can shop for what I want, dry aged beef as an example. Grain-fed over grass-fed if I choose. I mix them up and a lot has to do with the specials and the prices that they are charging.

I put on some lube and clenched my teeth today...bought some top sirloin steaks for the 4th. $40 for something I usually pay $20 to $30 for. Ouch.

Happy 4th to all!
You're right!

I'm cheap and these meat prices are too damn high. I was at Costco this morning and ribs were $15/rack, briskets all over $100, and fillets in the $80s too. I'm currently in the non-smoking section for a bit. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza are about all that's getting cooked right now.

Anyone else protesting high meat prices?
Prices have gotten bad lately.
I noticed at Costco the whole primal costs more than individual steaks. A whole choice tenderloin was $26 a pound but choice tenderloin steaks were $21…..

I'm cheap and these meat prices are too damn high. I was at Costco this morning and ribs were $15/rack, briskets all over $100, and fillets in the $80s too. I'm currently in the non-smoking section for a bit. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza are about all that's getting cooked right now.

Anyone else protesting high meat prices?
I have been buying my meat at Wild Fork I got premium brisket for 298 a pound it was lean compared to what ive been getting at walmart.First order is free shipping I joined their club for 29$ a year so it free shipping on everything. Check it out

I have been buying my meat at Wild Fork I got premium brisket for 298 a pound it was lean compared to what ive been getting at walmart.First order is free shipping I joined their club for 29$ a year so it free shipping on everything. Check it out
I was at their store today. It was $4.98/lb. I did pick up a few things to try. They do have a wide range of products. They had some steaks that were $148/lb. They had some cuts of meats I had never heard of. I checked the ribs out but the baby backs were around $5/lb. I didn't see anything posted about a sale. I would have thought they would have had something for the 4th. They were fairly busy so maybe they don't need sales at the stores.

Free market it's what we all live for until there's a shortage. I think the grocery store saw us coming for the holiday!
True though we don't really have a "free" market here, though it is better than other places. They said the hack at that meat company wouldn't really effect our US meat prices but that is the time I saw prices rise around here.

I'm not really protesting, but I am cutting down on how much red meat I eat. Been doing a lot of chicken, fish, veggies, etc.

The Biden administration is smoking crack if they think the price of BBQ on the 4th went down 16 cents. Maybe if you are grilling hotdogs, but grilling ain't BBQ.

I'm not really protesting, but I am cutting down on how much red meat I eat. Been doing a lot of chicken, fish, veggies, etc.

The Biden administration is smoking crack if they think the price of BBQ on the 4th went down 16 cents. Maybe if you are grilling hotdogs, but grilling ain't BBQ.
Smoking crack would be a improvement.

Wild Fork looks awesome, prices are pretty good as well. Looks like I am going to need a 4th freezer:eek::LOL:

A man walks into a bar and sees 3 pieces of meat hanging from the ceiling​

The guy asks, "What's this about?" The bartender replies, "Well, if you can jump up and slap the meat, you get free drinks for the rest of the night. If you miss, you pay for everyone's drink for the next hour. You wanna do it?" The guy replies, "Nah the steaks are too high".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back