Meat Prices = Non-Smoking Time

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I'm cheap and these meat prices are too damn high. I was at Costco this morning and ribs were $15/rack, briskets all over $100, and fillets in the $80s too. I'm currently in the non-smoking section for a bit. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza are about all that's getting cooked right now.

Anyone else protesting high meat prices?

I'm a new member here and new to pellet grills and smoking in general. I'm annoyed by the high meat prices, but I'm annoyed by the increasing costs of just about everything else too!
I'm hearing that inflation is just getting started and is likely to get worse before it gets better.
That said, no, I am not protesting the high meat prices by not buying.

im always look for deals to. i generally look at the grocery store sales flyers on line each week.
Me too. All our local grocery stores wanted around $9 a pound for brisket. That’s ridiculous. I found $5 a pound at cash and carry. Figured since I have never done a brisket before I’d go with something somewhat inexpensive. Don’t want to screw up a piece of meat that cost $9 a pound.

maybe time to try some non meat grilling. basically baking. i want to try making a cheesecake and brownies. and like mentioned above beans are great smoked. i have also grilled mac and cheese which was excellent!

I have found meat prices to be all over the place. You really need keep a sharp eye out for the deals. Expl: Costco had choice grade briskets for $8.99/lb. I found a prime grade at $4.98/lb online at Wild Fork Foods. Grabbed one. Baby back ribs were $4.99 at Costco, $3.99 at Wild Fork. Grabbed a couple racks. And so on. I’ve taken the approach of buying what’s on sale and worrying about what to do with it later.

I'm cheap and these meat prices are too damn high. I was at Costco this morning and ribs were $15/rack, briskets all over $100, and fillets in the $80s too. I'm currently in the non-smoking section for a bit. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza are about all that's getting cooked right now.

Anyone else protesting high meat prices?
I agree, I jumped on the hot dog train 😁

I don't often have a craving for regular hotdogs, but a decent Kielbasa, bratwurst, etc., sometimes fixes a craving. Of course, I always have room for a Pink's hotdog when I'm in the downtown L.A. area. But I'm not firing up the Bull for a hotdog. Maybe for a half dozen kielbasas though.

1624742345480.png

I have found meat prices to be all over the place. You really need keep a sharp eye out for the deals. Expl: Costco had choice grade briskets for $8.99/lb. I found a prime grade at $4.98/lb online at Wild Fork Foods. Grabbed one. Baby back ribs were $4.99 at Costco, $3.99 at Wild Fork. Grabbed a couple racks. And so on. I’ve taken the approach of buying what’s on sale and worrying about what to do with it later.
This has always been my approach, which is why my basement looks like an apocalypse bunker. Anyone need toilet paper??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back