Stampede Maximum temperature

stewartad1

I got the stampede about 3 weeks ago, until now, I have not paid attention to how long it takes to get to full temp. Took 45 mins to get to 400, been going for 60 mins and it’s at 420. I’m attempting my first papa Murphy’s pizza on a pizza stone and everything I’ve read says to go high 425-450 so that’s why I’m doing this. I’m using lumberjack hickory pellets. Is this duration normal trying to get up to 450 or even higher? Ambient temperature is 54 degrees. Thanks

I got the stampede about 3 weeks ago, until now, I have not paid attention to how long it takes to get to full temp. Took 45 mins to get to 400, been going for 60 mins and it’s at 420. I’m attempting my first papa Murphy’s pizza on a pizza stone and everything I’ve read says to go high 425-450 so that’s why I’m doing this. I’m using lumberjack hickory pellets. Is this duration normal trying to get up to 450 or even higher? Ambient temperature is 54 degrees. Thanks
Well, it took 80 minutes to get to 443 then the pellets ran out, LOL. So all measurements are off for this cook and I’ll try again another day to see how long it takes to get to maximum temp. It if anyone has suggestions based on what I posted soo far that would be great. Only thing I can think of is pellet brand or maybe clean the internal temp probe better. Thanks

I did a pizza last week when it was in the 30's or 40's but pretty breezy, it was very slowly creeping up. When it was in the mid 300's I thought of the welders felt blanket I had bought for winter use. Put it on the smoker and the temp went up much faster to something like 550. This was on a Trailblazer.

I did a pizza last week when it was in the 30's or 40's but pretty breezy, it was very slowly creeping up. When it was in the mid 300's I thought of the welders felt blanket I had bought for winter use. Put it on the smoker and the temp went up much faster to something like 550. This was on a Trailblazer.
True, it could’ve been ambient temp and breeze related, I did have it outside in the open. The pizza turned out delicious, just didn’t reach full temp as quick as I’d hoped for. Thanks Padlin, I’ll try it inside the garage next time.

True, it could’ve been ambient temp and breeze related, I did have it outside in the open. The pizza turned out delicious, just didn’t reach full temp as quick as I’d hoped for. Thanks Padlin, I’ll try it inside the garage next time.
Are you married? My wife would kill me if I used the smoker in the garage. She loves the food, but I have to move the grill away from the house because she can’t handle the smoke and smell 🙄. Even though they smoke less at higher temps, you are going to get a bit of smoke as you get there. You may want to at least ask for permission first (I’ve gone the “forgiveness instead of permission” route many times, but I’m finally starting to learn my lesson).

Stewart your 590 should heat up to 500 degrees in about 20-25 minutes with that outside temp. Make sure your temperature probe on the inside (left) is at least 3/4" away from the inside wall of the grill. Also make sure if your using foil on your drip pan its nice and snug to the pan and not flopping around and blocking air flow from circulating. I'm not sure about the Lumberjack pellets be i use the rectec pellets. You may have an issue with your auger motor. If those things don't work call customer service. Believe me, they will know how to make run correct. It's hard to find a company with better CS than Recteq!

Stewart your 590 should heat up to 500 degrees in about 20-25 minutes with that outside temp. Make sure your temperature probe on the inside (left) is at least 3/4" away from the inside wall of the grill. Also make sure if your using foil on your drip pan its nice and snug to the pan and not flopping around and blocking air flow from circulating. I'm not sure about the Lumberjack pellets be i use the rectec pellets. You may have an issue with your auger motor. If those things don't work call customer service. Believe me, they will know how to make run correct. It's hard to find a company with better CS than Recteq!
Thanks MWP, I’ll check the items you mentioned

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back