Backyard Beast 1000 Loud fan noise.

MadDog

Grill(s) owned
  1. Backyard Beast 1000
I just setup my BYB yesterday and did burn in and then fist cook all before setting up the app. I just set the temp and and did the cook all from the unit without really looking into any settings. I noticed that the fan seemed loud and ran constantly during the cook. Is this something that will change after I get more fully setup? My brother runs a Treager and I have never really noticed this level of fan noise. Sounds like a constant furnace burner running. Thoughts?

I just setup my BYB yesterday and did burn in and then fist cook all before setting up the app. I just set the temp and and did the cook all from the unit without really looking into any settings. I noticed that the fan seemed loud and ran constantly during the cook. Is this something that will change after I get more fully setup? My brother runs a Treager and I have never really noticed this level of fan noise. Sounds like a constant furnace burner running. Thoughts?
When you say loud, is it louder than a 747 taking off 🤔

When you say loud, is it louder than a 747 taking off 🤔
maybe not take off but possibly idling. LOL But honestly it sounds more like a gas burner on a furnace when the gas is on. Maybe a blow torch would be a better description. Should I expect that to be normal?

maybe not take off but possibly idling. LOL But honestly it sounds more like a gas burner on a furnace when the gas is on. Maybe a blow torch would be a better description. Should I expect that to be normal?
From your description, perfectly normal. Some of the Traegers use a modulating DC motor which is probably quieter.

My Flagship 1100 sounds like an old 727 taking off when I first fire it up and its getting up to temp and then settles down nicely to a reassuring hum :) Its possible that you didn't hear your brother’s smoker fan because he was running a cook at the typical low temps in smoking and the grill was at temp. When you were doing your burn in (typically at a higher than a normal smoking temp.) the unit makes more noise when set to higher temps. but should settle to a much lower fan speed once it achieves the set temp. in a normal cooking scenario. Just run it at 225 then once at 225 for a few minutes bump up to 275 and see if it still sounds loud just in the heat up to temp. phase or unreasonably loud at normal smoking temps. If unreasonably loud all the time it maybe time for a call to tech support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back